The Grand has an apparently little known annexe called Twentytwo just 2 doors away from the main hotel. The building comprises of just 22 (hence the name) recently refurbished rooms that are spacious, well equipped and very contemporary each with a large ensuite shower room and best of all a bargain at just £70 for bed and breakfast (Feb 2014). This annexe does not have a reception or dining room but guests use the main hotel facilities and plenty of parking at the front makes it ideal for a car traveller.
The only drawback I have found is drinks and food can not be charged to the room so if you are using the restaurant or bar in the main hotel don't forget your credit card. And speaking of the restaurant, the Grand Café seems to have the monopoly on eating out in St Anne's; even on a wind-swept Thursday night in February the joint was jumping and the atmosphere was buzzing. The tapas style menu seems somewhat incongruous in this grand old dame of a seafront hotel but the cooking is spot on and the service is great; but like all small plate establishment the final bill can come as quite a shock as it is easy to run up a significant spend without realising it.
A simple but very effective breakfast completes the offer there's a plentiful cold selection of all the usual suspects and it's accompanied by a hot option of scrambled eggs and bacon cooked to order by the chefs in the open theatre style kitchen. A great alternative to the usual unappetising hot buffet offered by so many hotels .
Oh and in case you are feeling in need of exercise or pampering there's also a spa tucked away at the back of the hotel.
All in all a great value for money option on the Lancashire coast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful sea side hotel offering a unique ambiance with unrivaled boutique guest rooms and leisure facilities. The Grand also incorporates Cafe Grand, our "all day" continental dining experience with a vibrant modern atmosphere and dishes created using local specialist suppliers. The Hotel has recently undergone a large refurbishment throughout all of the room stock and we have also introduced an annexe of 22 additional rooms just 50 metres away from the main building called Grand TwentyTwo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Lytham St Annes
- Grand Lytham St Annes
- The Grand Hotel Lytham St Anne's, UK - England