Stayed on two separate occasions in the new Twenty Two building (couldn't review after the first stay as it was too soon after a previous review of the main Grand).
The new rooms are superb. The Signature Plus junior suite style room (rather brave to go with yellow for the signature colour!) featured a stand alone bath with a large flatscreen TV to watch while you soak, plus a huge shower and bed. All spotlessly clean (I think I was about the second guest in this room which will have helped!) Ginormous balcony too. Could do with some furniture out there for the summer but I'm sure that will have been on its way or even there in place by now. Surely one of the best hotel rooms in the area.
Second stay I had a Club+ room. Good size for the room type, very well fitted out. Large walk in shower, Nespresso machine (I didn't use this but good to know it's there) plus complimentary mineral water or cola. Bed was very comfortable but there was a gap of maybe as much as 1cm at the bottom of the door which meant too much corridor noise. If anyone walked along the corridor and was talking, it sounded like they were in the room. Knowing the way the management are here, they will take that on board and look into it asap though and solve things if it isn't only me who notices it.
Had a lovely swim in the pool - as ever it was spotlessly clean, relatively quiet and I like the individual changing 'suites' with your own shower. I am very, very fussy about cleanliness and never have any issues with the pool/ changing facilities here. t
Staff super as ever. Breakfast fab too: really good selection and quality.
Well done The Grand team and also thank you for being understanding about cancellations (in the event happily I didn't have to cancel but it was reassuring to know the option was there).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful sea side hotel offering a unique ambiance with unrivaled boutique guest rooms and leisure facilities. The Grand also incorporates Cafe Grand, our "all day" continental dining experience with a vibrant modern atmosphere and dishes created using local specialist suppliers. The Hotel has recently undergone a large refurbishment throughout all of the room stock and we have also introduced an annexe of 22 additional rooms just 50 metres away from the main building called Grand TwentyTwo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Lytham St Annes
- Grand Lytham St Annes
- The Grand Hotel Lytham St Anne's, UK - England