My partner and I are not usually the type for leaving reviews, we feel people only go out of there way to leave a review when it's overly negative. It is on this basis that I promised myself i would review our first stay at The Grand Hotel in Lytham.
We both live in Lancashire but unfortunately not close enough to be more frequent visitors to Lytham and the surrounding areas although this may change as the intention of this weekend break was to have not only a few days to ourself but also to have a nosey at properties in the area.
We didn't manage to see many properties in the end, due to the weather in part but also due to the hotel's amenities and lovely staff. Not such a bad thing as it just means we can come again soon to finish what we started with any luck.
The room we checked into was a lovely first floor suite with a sea view and a nice view of the Friday night's sunset - sadly one of the only times the sun made an appearance over the weekend but we'd struggle to pin that on anyone except perhaps the Met Office.
We had several meals in the hotel restaurant and after chatting to other diners and staff we can agree that the standard of food served was superlative and comparable to some high end London based eateries we've been lucky enough to try in recent years. The continental breakfast was easily the best I've seen, with a range of fruits, fresh meat, pastries and fantastic coffee, just what you need after a relaxed nights sleep. It put to shame some of the "continental breakfasts" I've chosen to skip over the years.
And so onto the main reason for leaving this review, the staff.
The hotel was a little quieter than we expected for a weekend but i have no doubt the weather played a huge part in this as monsoon after monsoon seemed to roll in throughout the evening from the sea which was literally across the road.
The general standard of customer service is extremely high but in our experience The Grand possesses something which is very hard to find. Staff who are willing to go the extra mile and beyond in the name of customer care, something which you don't encounter very often at all these days.
In particular I'd like to single out one of the receptionists called Jenny who was a pleasure to deal with and most helpful the numerous times we went to seek further information.
Secondly, the Night Porter John who looked after us each night and made sure we were never without a drink in the bar once the midnight oil was in full flow. He offered to print off some information after hearing us discussing property and estate agents while sat on the opposite side of the bar. Upon waking up the next morning we had delivered to the room a portfolio that would out most estate agents to shame, more than the google map print off we'd expected. It turned out to be invaluable with the weather pushing us for time on the Sunday and for this we return home with John possibly having helped us find our next home in Lytham.
Overall the staff at The Grand are one of the best groups of staff I've encountered in my time and they in no short part have ensured our return and continued custom for as long as they're there and are the reason for me posting this review at all. I hope they see this as we assured them that this review would be forthcoming (if a little late) and we look forward to our next stay at The Grand Hotel.
Hopefully we'll see you soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful sea side hotel offering a unique ambiance with unrivaled boutique guest rooms and leisure facilities. The Grand also incorporates Cafe Grand, our "all day" continental dining experience with a vibrant modern atmosphere and dishes created using local specialist suppliers. The Hotel has recently undergone a large refurbishment throughout all of the room stock and we have also introduced an annexe of 22 additional rooms just 50 metres away from the main building called Grand TwentyTwo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Lytham St Annes
- Grand Lytham St Annes
- The Grand Hotel Lytham St Anne's, UK - England