Clifton Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Clifton Arms Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$175
Dalmeny Resort Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$138
$135
Hotels.com
Mode Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$114
$98
$121
Inn on the Prom Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$138
Chadwick Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$110
The Lindum Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Anchorage(Lytham St Anne's)
The Grand Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
Priceline
The Queens Hotel - Lytham(Lytham St Anne's)
Priceline
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsturkey and tinselentertainment managerdavid smithfour coursesjacuzzi bathexecutive roomfirst classfancy dressgrand suitesmall gymeach eveninggreat entertainmentcoach partyswimming poolcoach tripspecial thankson arrival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We booked a two night stay on offer at the 50+ exhibition in Manchester. We arrived soon after 7.30pm to be told dinner had been served at 6pm and we could not eat in the hotel.
Second morning I had just got 'soaped' in the shower when the water stopped flowing and I was forced to get rinsed and dry as best I could with cold water from the sink.
On the other hand hotel has been nicely renovated, staff are most friendly and food we had on our second day was excellent. Pity basic service expectations not met.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Lovely elegant hotel.
Only prob is its a bit out of the way.
Room was superb.
Food very good.
Staff very friendly, special thanks to darren.
Had great entertainment from Arthur on sat.
All in all a lovely short break.
Would do again

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank welcome2elmo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Brilliant welcome from Darren on reception when we checked in, and he remained courteous and friendly throughout our stay, as he appeared to be "everywhere". All of the staff during dinner and breakfast service were hardworking, quick, friendly and helpful. We even bumped into our room maid one morning when she was cleaning our room, and again she was a model of professionalism whilst remaining friendly and chatty. The hotel owner must be a shrewd interviewer when employing his staff!

Food was great, plenty of choice and of a high quality.

The hotel location is perfect, near the beach, shops, pier etc. We stayed at an organised event in February, so the weekend wasn't about the resort/weather etc, but I imagine the location becomes a real plus point in the summer months.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

another wonderful time at this hotel. good food, great staff especially darren. the whist was great entertainment with margaret and henry.the whistmas break is excellant value for money..that is why people book it time and time again.my friend and i would like to say thank you clifton park,you make our christmas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dianadors_11
Reviewed December 23, 2012

my last review said almost perfect but in my opinion the hotel has not lived up to my previous views
i was in the same room as my last visit and the bedroom was comfortable and warm but the shower room is a very tight fit if you are a large person like myself but it does the job and to be honest you dont spend much time in the bathroom
my visit was for a whist holiday and i must say the whist element was totally perfect , fantastic whist hosts both henry and margaret have tremendous whist knowledge and totally different hummor but fit like a hand and glove .certainly the perfect whist hosts
the hotel was more or less the same as my visit last year and still needs sprusing up a little
but my disapointment was the staff , they seem to be , with the exception of barbara and daren , less happy in their jobs
it was a turkey and tinsel break and i found the midday meals not up to the high standards of the evening meals and some of the portions a bit on the small size for my liking ,but the majority of whist break guests are much older and seem totally happy with the smaller portion sizes .i must say i much prefer the previous system of serve your self breakfast hopefull they will be reverting to this system in the near future
i have another whist break booked early january and have fingers crossed that with just the normal half board whist holiday format it will revert to its previous high standard and with no hectic and busy christmas presure the staff will be more relaxed and smile more .

Room Tip: talk to reception before you arrive if you are less mobile like my self some rooms are easier to get to with less steps
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank steve_and_oli
DerekLytham, General Manager at Clifton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Sir,
In response to your comments on Trip Advisor. I have addressed each point as follows:-
Shower size:- All rooms have different shower sizes due to the age of the building. We don’t have any showers smaller than a standard shower. We try our utmost to satisfy each and every client.
Had you reported the problem to reception we would have happily changed your room to a room where the shower would accommodate larger people. Indeed a small upgrade would have given you an executive room, which I am sure you would have been more than satisfied with all its facilities.
Food portions :- AS you pointed out your holiday was during turkey and tinsel on which most people complain that the portions are far too big, too many portions, and too much to eat, as we serve
1) full English breakfast,
2) morning coffee,
3)Full sit down four course meal for lunch at 1pm
4) tea and cake/biscuits at 4pm
5) Knife and fork sit down 3 course buffet where you are free to eat as much as you like
5) Freshly ground coffee or tea
6) two nights during the four we serve supper of champagne and mince pies and sherry and short cake.
In conclusion our chefs work very hard in maintaining a full and balanced diet to meet the needs of everybody that arrives at our hotel. We constantly aim for extra value for money and quality.
Staff :- Firstly thank you for your comments with reference to Darren and Barbara certainly two valued members of staff.
I am currently looking into your concerns with reference to unhappy staff.
Self-serve breakfast:-Our policy has decided that while the Noro Virus has been rife throughout the country we felt that we had to take additional measures like serving the breakfast, implementing hand wash on entering the restaurant, steam cleaning every door handle and soft furnishings and constantly cleaning all areas to alleviate germ spreading and to ensure the health and safety of all guests, Sharing utensils and food areas would defeat the whole objective.
Many thanks