“wonderful weekend line dancing”

The Ashton Park Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Southport, United Kingdom
“wonderful weekend line dancing”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've just spent my second stay at this hotel, both line dancing weekends.On both occasions I've been impressed by the friendliness of the staff, they couldn't do enough to ensure my stays were the very best they could be. The food was homely, well cooked and nicely presented, and the restaurant staff were efficient and amiable. I've always felt welcome as if I matter as a guest. The location is also perfect, my room faced the park opposite, I was a stone's throw from the town centre and the bus stop just outside took me to Blackpool within 20 minutes. We had so much fun I'm returning with my line dancing friends next March for more of the same. Can't wait!

Room Tip: First floor rooms with bay windows overlooking the park are a good size, light and airy with a lovel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Neil W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
glasgow
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My parents celebrated their Diamond Wedding Anniversary whilst staying at The Langdales. On contacting the hotel prior to their stay, I was confident my parents were going to be for a fantastic time. The staff were very friendly and most helpful assuring me that my parents would be treated very special. How right they were. My parents were given one of their very best rooms, a celebration cake and champagne. Their room was a huge lovely big room complete with a great seating area as well as being extremely cosy and spotlessly clean. My parents said the hotel staff were fantastic, extremely friendly with everybody making them feel very special. They could not have wished for a better place to stay. Would definitely highly recommend this wonderful hotel, well done to The Langdales and thank you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank birthday09
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

A good hotel in a good position, with lots of character lots of guest areas, so you don't have to be stuck with the same people all the time.
Very good value. Good value wholesome dinners, not like the arty -farty stuff with nothing to eat. Pleasant dining room nicely laid out. Wonderful staff who can't do enough for you. They really go the extra mile to ensure you have a good stay. We would definitely like to stay again- only in warmer weather. And an indoor pool too!!!!

Room Tip: Front rooms nice outlook, rear rooms quieter but not such good views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank puntadeteno
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

A two night stay with a small group. Staff were very helpful and our group were made to feel very welcome. Rooms were perfect as was the location. Great breakfast / service. The gym and pool were well equipped. We will return next year. Thank you and can highly recommend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank tben03
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here on a church weekend away. Rooms fine if a little dated. Staff very good at their job. Lots of space and rooms available to us to hold a dance, to do craft and have meetings. Food good , hot and great choice for old people and children. Overall a very good weekend enjoyed by all. 50 of us altogether .

• Stayed March 2013
Thelangdaleshot... W, Manager at The Ashton Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2015
Erskine, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our family are about to visit the Langdales for our 40th visit in the past 13 years! I think that says it all. We find the rooms are excellent as are the staff. Mike in the bar is excellent as are Vince and Sam in the restaurant with Dawn the chamber maid too. Manager Madge is excellent and very pleasant indeed. She is very efficient but very eager to please too and she is well supported by other staff. The entertainment can be outstanding, especially Jason and Shirley. The staff are so friendly and I like them to use our first names. The numerous public rooms and facilities make it feel like a little village or community once you walk in and close the door. Thus the British weather doesn't always prove a disadvantage.
Few British hotels these days can survive with private visitors alone and without coach party visitors. Thus, any hotel which can attract and retain repeat visits from coach parties, as does the Langdales, must be congratulated because this means that these hotels are still functioning for private visitors such as ourselves. Coach holiday companies expect high standards too and this is also beneficial to private visitors too. There are many private visitors.
Of course things can occasionally go wrong in any hotel and any person can find dust under things in any hotel too - if they go looking for it, as one family seems to have done !! However, in the Langdales, if a resident brings any problem to the attention of the staff, it will be attended to promptly in our experience. Fortunately problems are rare and we go at all times of the year. We take our dog and it is common for me to walk him at midnight so people are not ushered into bed at 10PM either !
All in all, as I said above, it's our 40th visit and we think everything is highly satisfactory. Other people return to the Langdales often too. I think 40 visits proves the high state of satisfaction.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a lovely outlook and some rooms at the back on the upper floors have sea views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jack105
Reviewed March 9, 2013

i stayed here 24th feb-29th. doing my stcw95 course. i found hotel to be in great position . rooms need a bit tlc but not to bad. staff very friendly n helpful. thanx amanda for resetting the tripswitches for the lights for 202. breakfast fine and filling enough. overall i would stay here again. ps mind send my shirt to me.

• Stayed February 2013