“Best Sunday lunch ever.”
Review of The Bedford Hotel

The Bedford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Absolutely stunning Sunday lunch,roast beef melted in the mouth excellent service and cannot wait to go again.The sweets were all home made and a thoroughly traditional meal just waiting to be enjoyed by all.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank tony k

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I went to The Bedford Hotel for Sunday lunch with my mother, aged over 90. We had just walked out of another establishment. I rang the Bedford, they said they had a table. When we arrived, we were told there would be a delay. We asked how long and were not sounding in the best frame of mind, by then tired and hungry. The head waitress must have picked up the vibes because she came back and said she had managed to sort out a table for us straightaway.

The dining room was full and there was a good buzz.

The food was superb. I had melon, excellent loin of pork, and chocolate mousse. My mother had home made vegetable soup, sea bass, and creme brulee.

And great value for money at under £20 per head for the three courses.

Also - my usual bugbears - no music or televisions!

We have been to the Bedford a lot of times over the years and it always impresses us with the quality of service and food.

On this occasion, it also rescued our day!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BassettHound33
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed here for four nights on a dancing holiday. Try as I might I cannot find any fault with this hotel . The staff are pleasant and so helpful , the rooms are spotlessly clean as are the bathrooms. Tea making facilities were more than adequate.and the food in the restaurant was exceptional . The ballroom was first class. Would definitely stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank northamptonpeter
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just returned from my annual trip to The Bedford as always the welcome, hospitality and food were fantastic. As one of two non playing guests the staff always look after us. This is my eleventh year of visiting and have stayed in several of the rooms, all are clean and maintained to a consistently high standard.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Littleanniepannie
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight as regular Hotel in St Anne's was not available.

Very friendly simple check in, room was absolutely fine, possibly a little old fashioned in decor but everyone has different tastes.

The only issue I had was the bathroom, water pressure was dreadful & the shower would have been fine as long as you weren't more than 5'6. Unfortunately I am taller than that so had to crouch, not ideal!

Breakfast next morning was served, I much prefer buffet but it was fine, hot & tasty so no real complaints there.

Overall, a very friendly comfortable hotel that I would certainly use again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank NorthEast1
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We cannot speak too highly of the Bedford Hotel- we have just spent 3 days there along with our son and daughter-in-law.The rooms were comfy and very clean well maintained, the food excellent, the staff excellent and made you very very welcome.They made us feel very special for our very special Diamond Wedding anniversary.Would like to say a BIG Thankyou and hope to be back very soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dot T
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I cannot speak too highly of this hotel. Not being hotel residents but locals, my friend and I attended just for the evening dinner but everyone we spoke to enthused about the hotel, the staff, the accommodation and of course the food.
The food was AMAZING, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. The MC did a good job and everybody danced with enthusiasm.
Thank you to the others on table number 1 for your company, it was such an enjoyable evening.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends