“First class service from first class management and staff”
Review of Clifton Arms Hotel

Clifton Arms Hotel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Attended a civil ceremony at this venue and the attention to detail and the care and help from the team is a first class venue. I had dietary health difficulties but after a phone call to the hotel and speaking to Bernard, my needs were look after without any problems.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Stuart170649, Thank you for your recent review. We pride ourselves on the standard of service which our customers receive so I'm delighted that you were so impressed with everyone at the wedding you attended. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Had my mother and sister stay at the hotel for a week over Christmas whilst visiting me. The rooms were beautiful and immaculately clean. The staff were incredibly caring and helpful and the breakfasts delicious. A truly memorable stay - simply perfect, thank you to all at the Clifton Arms!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 5StarAndFussy
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear 5StarAndFussy, Thank you for your recent review. We really appreciate such fantastic feedback, we're delighted that your guests were so impressed with us. Christmas is a special time of year so thank you for choosing us and I'm glad we played a great part in your family Christmas. We look forward to welcoming them next year!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Upgraded to a larger room overlooking the sea, which not only had a glorious view, but Laura Ashley Isodore Cranberry on the walls too! Staff were Courteous, helpful, friendly and generous. Will return.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian M
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear IanMoss, Thank you for your recent review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have refurbished many of our rooms now and I'm particularly impressed that you recognised the wallpaper! We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Last Visited the main restaurant 4 years ago for a Birthday treat; Enjoyed a lunchtime Xmas menu that was excellent. Very traditional; good value food. Have been there frequently for lunchtime; wonderful. I chose to return this Birthday for an evening menu that was very ordinary, minimal, artful looking food; with "no heart". It's not the food that needs to change, it's the interior. Just charge a bit more for the food; the food quality has to be sacrosanct. Also be aware of the staff; never allow them to become complacent. Our young lady was very sweet; spot on! But found one young man a little too patronizing.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Josephine R, Thank you for your recent review. There is a difference between the menus which we offer so I think that what you were expecting and what was served has caused confusion. We provide an informal brasserie menu at lunchtime but this changes in December to a traditional Christmas lunch in the restaurant which is what you have enjoyed in the past. Our dinner menu is different again, with a la carte choices of fine dining quality. We have just been awarded a 2nd AA Rosette for the quality of our food served so I agree that the menu needs to be sacrosanct. I also agree that the restaurant needs refurbishing to reflect the change in our direction. The bar & lounge areas were refurbished in October so this has highlighted the fact even more and we are scheduling the work to be done depending on business levels in the New Year. I appreciate your constructive feedback and I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Back in October I booked a festive lunch for four of us, my teen, my mum, and niece and myself...cost was only £19.50, including a free glass of prosecco each.
We went yesturday, first time in the Clifton. It was everything I thought it would be. We were attended to straight away, Christopher our waiter,was so friendly and helpful as were all the staff. Starters arrived promptly and were delicious as was the main..the desserts were so different and tasty. Restaurant wasn't too busy but had a nice ambience. Coffee and mince pies were served in the lounge. We had just the right amount of attention, not too pushy and didn't feel rushed. The Clifton itself is very lush and comfortable, even had 'white company' bathroom products in the ladies..I will be returning here, even if it's only for a quiet coffee, overlooking lytham green.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LancashireQueenbee
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear LancashireQueenbee, Thank you for your recent review. Your feedback is 'just fabulous' too! I'm delighted that you were so impressed with the Clifton Arms. Our Christmas Lunches are extremely popular so we're pleased that you enjoyed the whole experience. Chris will really appreciate his special mention and the chefs will be grateful for the fantastic food comments. Have a great Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've stayed here for about 30 nights per year for 5 years. That means spending a lot of money but I consider it worthwhile. They recently refurbished most of the rooms and the public areas which has improved the "look".
It is ideally located for a short walk to many restaurants, shops etc. But best of all it is within spitting distance of one of the best pubs in the UK.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Ray C, Thank you for your recent review. As a frequent customer, your opinion will certainly be appreciated and I'm so pleased that you enjoy your stays with us. I'm also delighted that you've recognised our current refurbishment progress. You are correct about our enviable location and I'm sure many will agree with your thoughts on the local pub! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Used to stay at the Clifton Arms quite a lot a few years ago. Stayed here again recently and was was not disappointed. Has a room looking out over the bay so had a great view to wake up to. The hotel is well located near a host of good restaurants so no need to drive. Breakfast was good, as was the service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ken P, Thank you for your recent review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and you appreciated our great location. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.