“Relaxing luxury” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Relaxing luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited this hotel with my over 70's parents for a 3 night break inclusive of breakfast and evening meal. The hotel is smart and very clean with gorgeous rooms and views. The food was really top-class too with fine dining in the evening and an amazing breakfast. However, the real jewels of this hotel are the staff who we found friendly, helpful and willing to chat. The service in the restaurant was punctilious and yet discrete. Nothing was missed and nothing was too much trouble. I heartily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the front in either a Director's or Chairman's room - well worth the added cost.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Andrew M
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Andrew M, Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate all the feedback which we receive but it's especially great for the staff to have their hard work and dedication rewarded with your comments. I hope that your parents and yourself will enjoy many more stays at the Clifton Arms and find the standard consistently high as that's our aim.
Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel is in a very good location for walks along the coastline and a visit to the shops and local attractions. It is a comfortable hotel with all necessary amenities, but until you stay there you cannot appreciate how totally committed the staff are to making you feel totally relaxed and at home - nothing is too much trouble. There have been reviews in the past stating the hotel needs a refurbishment. Some rooms have now been refurbished, but those that have not are clean and everything functions. If you want somewhere to relax with a warm and friendly atmosphere and good food then look no further. Parking outside is easy. My room was on the second floor with a sea view and it was very light and airy and very comfortable. I will definitely visit the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear 597Sue, Thank you for your recent review. I'm delighted that you will definitely be staying with us again. We have now refurbished all the Chairmans & Directors double rooms and the majority of Classic rooms. I can assure you that we will be continuing with this until all the rooms are refurbished but I really appreciate your comment that even those which are not refurbished, are still clean and have the facilities you would expect. I also very much appreciate your fantastic feedback regarding the staff. We have the 4 star status, great reputation, location on West Beach but still close to all the shops, however, you are right to point out that our staff are our best asset and I thank you for recognising this. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff were very friendly and really look after every guest to perfection .
You can tell they all enjoy there work place.
Very enjoyable stay we loved the ambience and relaxed happily during our stay...
Immaculate surroundings with attention to detail..
Fabulous tasty food well presented..
nothing was too much trouble for the staff who attend to the guests with a smile and a genuine kind word ...
This left us with a big smile on our faces too and we will definatly return to this delightful hotel .Thank you keep up the good work everyone!!!
P and D Forster :-)

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear P and D Forster, Thank you for your recent review. I'm delighted that you were so impressed with the service and quality of food you received during your stay. Such positive feedback is always appreciated by the staff who do work so hard to deliver such high standards. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just spent a great weekend at the Clifton Arms as a Birthday present from my daughter,We have eaten here on many an occasion so we had no worries about the food and service in the restaurant and true to form our evening meals were wonderful.There is a nice selection of dishes to choose from and the good thing ,for us, you are not overawed by pages and pages of choices.
The food is excellent. We were a little disappointed with the wine list, we love Italian red wine but we did 'nt find one to our liking but ( I wish I had known before )" Why did' nt you ring me prior to coming I would have got you a bottle of Ameroni in ready for your meal " .Where else would you get that sort of attention to detail . We did have an excellent Fleurie so we did'nt go thirsty!!

Our room was on the front of the hotel with fantastic views of the Ribble estuary with 2 easy chairs and a settee in the large bay window so that we could watch the world go by in real comfort, luckily the weather was great which made the outlook all that much better ,wish our bedroom at home was this big.

We were really impressed with the staff, our main contact was with the restaurant and bar staff who were fantastic, really friendly and above all efficient and attentive,we were made to feel welcome. I believe that this will be the standard throughout the hotel. I understand why "catering" has become "hospitality" this hotel is full of it.

We live fairly local and it made a lovely change to just chill out. However I would say that whatever your reason for needing a hotel you wont go wrong at the Clifton Arms

Room Tip: go for a room on the front 1st floor a bit dearer but worth the treat
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear brunnermutz, Thank you for your recent review. We pride ourselves on the quality of food, service and facilities which we offer our customers so we really appreciate the time you have taken to write such a great review for us. We are updating the wine list at the moment so I will be checking the Italian reds on offer but, as you mention, we are always able to cater for specific requests throughout all aspects of the hotel. Thank you once again for the fantastic feedback, the staff really do deserve the praise and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed for one night only (unfortunately) and were met by a pleasant receptionist who quickly checked us in, told us we had been upgraded ( not sure why) and directed us to our room on the 1st floor. A very welcoming, spacious room with a large bay window overlooking the green. Tasteful decor. Very comfortable bed. Large bathroom with separate shower. Everything spotless. Our friends room was not on the front but was still the same standard of decor & cleanliness. Breakfast next morning was delicious. Buffet style with eggs cooked to order.
Every member of staff we encountered were polite and friendly.
We will definitely return, soon I hope!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear mercedes63, Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff are our best asset so I am delighted that you were impressed with the service you received. Many of our bedrooms have now been refurbished but we do try to offer complimentary upgrades if we have any last minute availability for sea front rooms. As you state, the bedrooms are to the same standard of decor and cleanliness but you can't beat the view of Lytham Green. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and, hopefully, you can stay for longer next time and truly enjoy what Lytham as a town has to offer too.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We haven't been to the Clifton Arms since 30 years ago. I decided to go to Lytham with my mother & partner for a Sunday out , Sunday lunch followed by a walk on the front. I read all the great reviews for the Clifton and decided to book. We were greeted by a very cheerful and helpful bar man who soon had us seated and menus , drinks ordered taken. Shortly afterwards we were seated at our table, the young lady as all of the resturant staff were courteous and service first class. The food for a three course menu and coffee & chocolates was lovely & excellent value. I will recommend the Clifton to many now and we look forward to returning very soon. A real gem!

• Stayed April 2013
      Cleanliness
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Cakegal1, Thank you for your recent review. Our Sunday lunch is extremely popular and we're proud to offer a great British menu with a traditional setting in the heart of a town filled with heritage - just perfect! I'm delighted that we met with your expectations after so long and we hope to see you again soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We live in St Anne’s & eat out once or twice a week but have never thought about eating at The Clifton Arms Hotel until I overheard a couple talking about the great Sunday Lunch they had eaten there. I called & booked a table for 2 at 8.30pm last Tuesday & on arrival was greeted by a very polite lady who showed us to our table & took a drinks order. The restaurant is very nice indeed spotlessly clean with crisp white linen which for me makes a restaurant. We looked over the menu & both agreed it all sounded superb & could have chosen everything but I opted for the Pigs Head starter....described perfectly by the same waitress as pigs cheek cooked, shredded & reformed with a crackling strip. My partner ordered the Crab to start & for mains I ordered the Duck & Stroganoff. The food was wonderful & the best we had had for a very long time each mouthful was a delight & we never have desserts but gave in to temptation & wow. I have been a Head Chef for 25 years & it is rare to find a restaurant that ticks all the boxes but The Clifton Arms certainly did with the food & excellent service. The blonde lady who looked after us was very professional aswell as being friendly & knowledgeable about the food. Can’t wait to return for a second visit. A great find & at £68 for two three course meals & 3 drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a window table for a great view of the coast.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndyMiller68
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Andymiller68, Thank you for your recent review. I have often marketed our Restaurant as the best kept secret on the Fylde coast as I believe that many local residents do not realise that they can use the Restaurant or the Bar & Brasserie for that matter. I, therefore, really appreciate your review and the detail which you have given. We're very proud of the AA Rosette which we have held for 10 years now and our Head Chef, Justin Jerome, and his team are constantly striving to improve. This quality of food is coupled with the high level of service which we offer and I'm delighted that you have also acknowledged this. Thank you for your professional opinion and we look forward to welcoming you again for what I hope will be many more visits.