Clifton Arms Hotel
$75
Mode Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$100
St. Ives Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$92
$86
The Lindum Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)(Great Value!)
$70
$66
  • Restaurant
Clifton Park Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$128
  • Breakfast included
Inn on the Prom Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$134
$130
Chadwick Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$70
$66
Dalmeny Resort Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$89
$86
The Queens Hotel - Lytham(Lytham St Anne's)
$100
$97
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
$129
Priceline
All reviewsoverlooking the greeneggs cooked to orderhuge bay windowtraditional hotelfriends weddingkippersnight managerwatch the worldlovely hotelbirthday treatsunday lunchroom was largelast weekendbar areabottled waterthree nightswonderful stay
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just spent a great weekend at the Clifton Arms as a Birthday present from my daughter,We have eaten here on many an occasion so we had no worries about the food and service in the restaurant and true to form our evening meals were wonderful.There is a nice selection of dishes to choose from and the good thing ,for us, you are not overawed by pages and pages of choices.
The food is excellent. We were a little disappointed with the wine list, we love Italian red wine but we did 'nt find one to our liking but ( I wish I had known before )" Why did' nt you ring me prior to coming I would have got you a bottle of Ameroni in ready for your meal " .Where else would you get that sort of attention to detail . We did have an excellent Fleurie so we did'nt go thirsty!!

Our room was on the front of the hotel with fantastic views of the Ribble estuary with 2 easy chairs and a settee in the large bay window so that we could watch the world go by in real comfort, luckily the weather was great which made the outlook all that much better ,wish our bedroom at home was this big.

We were really impressed with the staff, our main contact was with the restaurant and bar staff who were fantastic, really friendly and above all efficient and attentive,we were made to feel welcome. I believe that this will be the standard throughout the hotel. I understand why "catering" has become "hospitality" this hotel is full of it.

We live fairly local and it made a lovely change to just chill out. However I would say that whatever your reason for needing a hotel you wont go wrong at the Clifton Arms

Room Tip: go for a room on the front 1st floor a bit dearer but worth the treat
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear brunnermutz, Thank you for your recent review. We pride ourselves on the quality of food, service and facilities which we offer our customers so we really appreciate the time you have taken to write such a great review for us. We are updating the wine list at the moment so I will be checking the Italian reds on offer but, as you mention, we are always able to cater for specific requests throughout all aspects of the hotel. Thank you once again for the fantastic feedback, the staff really do deserve the praise and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed for one night only (unfortunately) and were met by a pleasant receptionist who quickly checked us in, told us we had been upgraded ( not sure why) and directed us to our room on the 1st floor. A very welcoming, spacious room with a large bay window overlooking the green. Tasteful decor. Very comfortable bed. Large bathroom with separate shower. Everything spotless. Our friends room was not on the front but was still the same standard of decor & cleanliness. Breakfast next morning was delicious. Buffet style with eggs cooked to order.
Every member of staff we encountered were polite and friendly.
We will definitely return, soon I hope!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear mercedes63, Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff are our best asset so I am delighted that you were impressed with the service you received. Many of our bedrooms have now been refurbished but we do try to offer complimentary upgrades if we have any last minute availability for sea front rooms. As you state, the bedrooms are to the same standard of decor and cleanliness but you can't beat the view of Lytham Green. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and, hopefully, you can stay for longer next time and truly enjoy what Lytham as a town has to offer too.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We haven't been to the Clifton Arms since 30 years ago. I decided to go to Lytham with my mother & partner for a Sunday out , Sunday lunch followed by a walk on the front. I read all the great reviews for the Clifton and decided to book. We were greeted by a very cheerful and helpful bar man who soon had us seated and menus , drinks ordered taken. Shortly afterwards we were seated at our table, the young lady as all of the resturant staff were courteous and service first class. The food for a three course menu and coffee & chocolates was lovely & excellent value. I will recommend the Clifton to many now and we look forward to returning very soon. A real gem!

• Stayed: April 2013
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Cakegal1, Thank you for your recent review. Our Sunday lunch is extremely popular and we're proud to offer a great British menu with a traditional setting in the heart of a town filled with heritage - just perfect! I'm delighted that we met with your expectations after so long and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We live in St Anne’s & eat out once or twice a week but have never thought about eating at The Clifton Arms Hotel until I overheard a couple talking about the great Sunday Lunch they had eaten there. I called & booked a table for 2 at 8.30pm last Tuesday & on arrival was greeted by a very polite lady who showed us to our table & took a drinks order. The restaurant is very nice indeed spotlessly clean with crisp white linen which for me makes a restaurant. We looked over the menu & both agreed it all sounded superb & could have chosen everything but I opted for the Pigs Head starter....described perfectly by the same waitress as pigs cheek cooked, shredded & reformed with a crackling strip. My partner ordered the Crab to start & for mains I ordered the Duck & Stroganoff. The food was wonderful & the best we had had for a very long time each mouthful was a delight & we never have desserts but gave in to temptation & wow. I have been a Head Chef for 25 years & it is rare to find a restaurant that ticks all the boxes but The Clifton Arms certainly did with the food & excellent service. The blonde lady who looked after us was very professional aswell as being friendly & knowledgeable about the food. Can’t wait to return for a second visit. A great find & at £68 for two three course meals & 3 drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a window table for a great view of the coast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndyMiller68
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Andymiller68, Thank you for your recent review. I have often marketed our Restaurant as the best kept secret on the Fylde coast as I believe that many local residents do not realise that they can use the Restaurant or the Bar & Brasserie for that matter. I, therefore, really appreciate your review and the detail which you have given. We're very proud of the AA Rosette which we have held for 10 years now and our Head Chef, Justin Jerome, and his team are constantly striving to improve. This quality of food is coupled with the high level of service which we offer and I'm delighted that you have also acknowledged this. Thank you for your professional opinion and we look forward to welcoming you again for what I hope will be many more visits.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed here several times on business, and there are several reasons why I choose this hotel. The breakfasts are really nice and plentiful (always important), the staff are always welcoming and the location is fantastic. Pop out the door and you are in the middle of Lytham with its' lovely restaurants and welcoming bars. The hotel is currently in the process of upgrading and renovating rooms, and on my last visit I was lucky enough to get one of the upgraded rooms. This hotel is highly recommended and is the perfect base for a trip to Lytham St Anne's. When booking I would always ask for a newly renovated room, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CliftonGM, General Manager at Clifton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Steve R, Thank you for your recent review. We pride ourselves on the quality of food and standard of service which our customers receive so thank you for highly recommending us. You are correct in that our location is perfect, overlooking Lytham Green and the sea front yet having all the individual shops and restaurants which Lytham town centre has to offer behind us. I'm delighted to report that the refurbishment of bedrooms continues and we always endeavour to allocate these rooms as a priority. We will hopefully see you again soon.