“Let down”

Toast Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Toast St Annes is a casual dining cafe and restaurant offering freshly cooked food sourced locally. At Toast Cafe Bar & Grill we are dedicated to delivering beautifully presented food, created fresh to order from high-quality ingredients and locally sourced fresh produce, in comfortable, design-led city style surroundings. Toast Cafe Bar and Grill Restaurant in the heart of St Annes is perfect for relaxing, drinking and dining with friends, families or colleagues all day and evening.We are open from 12 noon till late Monday till Sunday. Toast Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant is situated on Wood Street in the cafe quarter of St Annes. We offer an array of classic drinks from the bar including draught beers, cider, bottled beers and spirits with an exclusive selection of wines and champagnes are available.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Let down”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

gave this restaraunt 3 chances 1st time left as well its a long story didnt get served wasnt busy no one would talk to us the last time i went i waited 1hour for a club sandwich and it was soggy we wasnt offered a second drink and had to walk to the till to pay was really dissapointed

1 Thank thackraybinx
toast-cafe-bar, Owner at Toast Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear thackraybinx
Thank you for your custom. We took a building that was empty and becoming derelict and turned into a stunning and modern city style restaurant and opened the doors two months ago.With a new restaurant comes new staff and all these were trained ion our Blackpool restaurant which has an excellent reputation.
Unfortunately, some staff with great CV's and references turn out to be an absolute waste of time and do not care that the family owned business has invested heavily in the area to provide a great business for the locals area and much needed jobs.
This is not acceptable and we firmly believe in ensuring our customers have a great experience. Any staff that do not provide such will be removed from the business as we do not tolerate such.
I can assure you that most of these issues have been rectified and they will not reoccur as we now have some great staff and will monitor them closely to ensure that such issues do not reoccur.
We do hope that you will understand the above teething problems and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

There were 9 of us in our party and we booked for 7pm. Our table was in the restaurant part and we were asked if we wanted drinks within 5 minutes of being settled. The menus were already on the table. The menu has loads to choose from and a good vegetarian choice as well. The menu can be viewed online and I think this would speed up choosing and deciding time!
The food is freshly prepared and in our case bearing this in mind service time was good. We had a variety of meals ranging from pizza, pasta, fish and meat. The pizzas are huge but with a very thin crust and we had to wait for one pizza to arrive and a steak dish but we are family so the rest of us just tucked in! Starters and desserts (though not everyone had them) were excellent too.

If you are going for the atmosphere you might be disappointed and you would need to be closer to the bar area, the restaurant was quiet and the area is big but it was early and it is post Christmas. One thing as well was that the restaurant was quite cold, so not a place for a strappy dress girls. One advantage of a quiet area though is that we were all able to hear each other speak, sometimes not easy in a group, ages ranging from 18 to 78.

On the whole, excellent hot food, served on warmed plates, nicely prepared and set out and portion sizes were good. Service good and waiter extremely pleasant. NO TROUBLE ORDERING TAP WATER!

Would I go again? Yes for the food. Bill averaged £23each for the nine of us including all drinks and tip. And boxes provided for left over pizza!

• Visited January 2013
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Ate here for lunch and dinner and both times it was lovely. The Thai chicken pasta in particular is my favourite. The waiter are very attentive both don't hoover over you. There 3 parts to the restaurant, the actual restaurant (which is where we ate), the bar cocktail area and the club. We ate at the restaurant and and a few drinks at the bar area which was really nice and relaxing. We never went to the club so not sure what that was like. The menu had something for everyone on there, pizza, pasta, fajitias, grill menu and other things as well. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone thinking of going.

blackpool
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I manged to book this venue a week before my sons surprise 18th Birthday on the 5th Jan as the original venue Henrys in Lytham let me down a week before the party after invites had gone out and balloons were booked but can I just say I am so glad they did. Paul and all the staff were absolutely fantastic food was unbelievable and all my friends whom normally do not eat and drink could not keep away from the pastas etc, service was amazing and they could not do enough for you bar staff were so friendly and tried there best to provide what everyone asked for....and sorry Carl at the bar my friends harassed you all night he he. There was a singer on at no extra cost and VIP into the loft nightclub upstairs they even supplied a champagne reception for all the guests. Not sure about the bad write ups maybe just teething problems with it been newly opened but greasy spoon it certainly is not I eat out in all the different restaurants in Lytham most weekends and this food was second to none. I will recommend this to everyone I know and all I can say is Paul and all the staff THANK YOU and congratulations and we will definitely see you soon.

• Visited January 2013
Blackpool
“Not Value For Money At All”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I eat here around the Christmas period with my wife. We both like Jacks across the road but my wife convinced me to try this restaurant for a change. It's fair to say she regretted it. The food was ok, but I expected more considering the price of the menu. The steak wasn't cooked as requested, and the chicken my wife had was very dry. Everything that came with our meal though was nice.

Also,The service wasn't the best, the place wasn't very busy but the staff were very slow. It seemed like they only had 2 gears, slow and stop.

Next time we'll be going back to our usual haunt across the road.

3 Thank hillscrimer