“Dog walking or a stroll” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairhaven Lake

Fairhaven Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Fairhaven Lake is one of the borough's most popular attractions. Nestled between Lytham and St Anne's, a salt water lake, positioned directly on the coast next to Granny's Bay and Stanner Bank. Enjoy the many recreational facilities provided, motorboat, canoe and rowing boat hire. For the less adventurous there is an electrically powered motor launch, enjoy the cruise and enjoy the scenery from the launch on a 10-15 min cruise. Lakeside facilities include a cafe and the RSPB Discovery Centre. The lake is one of the most important wildfowl locations in Europe, with a group of more than 250 Canada Geese, several Swans (including a solitary Black one) and many coots, water hens and other smaller fowl.
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Dog walking or a stroll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

An excellent place for dog walkers we are locals so visit this place regularly to walk our dog ,there is plenty of seating areas and an on site cafe and if you are feeling energetic you can hire a boat and row out into the middle of the lake ,which I have done in previous years with my children.

Visited July 2013

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Nice & peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Lovely place with cafe with outside seating and reasonable priced, boat hire including rowing boats, motor boats and a steamer. Also the Battle of Britain Spitfire is there too and its a really nice walk.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Michelle B
manchester
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Surprise, surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We didn't expect to see a spitfire and a bomb replica, but they are down by the lake. Lots of Canada Geese and ducks, and folk enjoying boating. Plenty of places to sit and chill.

Visited June 2013
Rochdale, Lancashire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A two mile walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Plenty of space for the children to run round, a reasonably good cafe, good views, space to relax in peace and quiet, plenty os street parking, boats, birds.
Nothing not to like.

Visited August 2013
england
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 281 helpful votes
“Parking Meters spoiled my day.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went for a trip to Lytham, and parked on Fairhaven Lake, so we could have a nice Beach walk to Lytham St Annes.
The Parking Meter took our money for a full days Parking (£4.30) but flatly refused to issue a Ticket, despite some of the Local Dog Walkers getting involved to help.
The Wardens checking the Cars said they could do nothing about it, and I'd have to contact the local council office.
I was also told I would have to find the other Meter - 100m away, and buy yet another Ticket, or risk a Fine!!!
That Day I spent £8.60 on Parking, had to go to the Local Council Office to report it, and was eventually some weeks later sent a Visitor Pass, so I could Park on Fairhaven again - no refund!!!!
The Rubbish Council Parking Machines really ruined my day, I had no intention of messing about in local council offices that day-I wanted a Beach Walk.
I then went to the nearest Loo, paid 20 pence for the privilidge - and that damn thing didnt work either.
What a Day - Thanks Lytham Council........for nothing.

Visited July 2013