1,045 results
All reviewssea viewsand dunesdog friendly hotellovely hotelevening mealsea frontwould highly recommend this hotelpublic areasdouble roomboth nightsfamily roomcouldn't do enoughmany thanksfollowing morningmy mumfull englishtown centre
Reviewed April 27, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Brilliant weekend here perfectly positioned staff superb, ate in on one night food was very good, got a free upgrade and got a good room with a sea view. Breakfast very good with a very varied menu, did not use the exercise room but it looked very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Good morning,
Delighted to hear that you had a brilliant weekend and that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some time in the not to distant future.
Best Regards

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed at the Glendower on a dancing holiday organised by Dancing for Fun and we did have lots of fun. Our sea view room on the second floor was quite adequate for our 4 night stay. I didn’t like the idea of a single bed and a small double, I would have preferred a large double bed but it was comfortable enough, if a little to cosy. The pillows were hard. The bathroom was ok with a shower over the bath and plenty of hot water. Clean towels every day but quite hard and scratchy. Everywhere was nice and clean. We could see the sea from our room but the window was quite small.

We were booked on a half board basis and enjoyed all the food apart from dinner on the final evening. The fish cake starter was excellent when it finally arrived. The service that evening was even slower than usual. I appreciate we were part of a large booking with the dance group all eating at the same time but the staff seemed under pressure to serve everyone even at breakfast time when people ate at different times. All the food was served hot and nicely presented apart from the last night when a slab of fairly chewy beef was slapped on the plate with over cooked broccoli and a Yorkshire pudding so overdone I couldn’t get my knife through it. It was a shame about the meal as everything else we ate was first class with good quality ingredients. The staff were all pleasant. The biggest problem for us was the car parking. The was insufficient spaces for all guests which made us reluctant to take the car out to visit the surrounding area as we had planned to do in case we couldn’t get a space on our return. We did venture out on our second day and had to wait for the builders to leave so we could have their space. On another occasion we couldn’t find a space so had to park on the road which had restricted parking hours during the day. The dance floor was not big enough for all the people booked on the dancing holiday but would be adequate under normal circumstances. We have stayed in several other Best Western hotels and have always found them to be a good standard and the Glendower is no exception apart for the few problems I have mentioned.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Good Morning,
I am really pleased to hear that you found in the most part the food to be of excellent quality. The parking across the road is available from 2pm until 12am so please in future do not panic too much about going out for the day.
The dancing holiday has rebooked for 2015 and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Many Thanks

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Quite disappointed with hotel, like a lot of seafront hotels in the UK, it feels like buildings have been bought and added on. My bedroom which was a double for single use, wasn,t particular large and didn't,t feel fresh, it was clean but carpet fairly worn, however saying that the bed was comfortable and I did have a good nights sleep. The restaurant had been refurbished, I was down fairly early so had no trouble getting served, but a hour later it was jammed packed. All in all it served its purpose but wouldn't,t return again for the price charged.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Good morning,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad you had a good nights sleep with us and that you appreciated our newly refurbished restaurant. We do indeed get very busy on breakfast when we have a full house as everyone seems to want to eat at 9.30am, however I'm delighted to hear that you didn't incur any problems with your breakfast.
Thank you once again.
Best Regards

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed here for two nights for a black tie dinner .The staff and service were very good . The breakfast was good all the hot breakfast items were hot and the evening dinner excellent The room let it down we had room124 described as a double it was small dark and crammed and certainly didn't have room for two chairs the bed although comfy was not a double my husband and I had trouble turning over without nudging the other . Left Sunday morning feeling tired as every time someone used the taps or toilet the pipes banged leading to a disturbed sleep . Would we stay here again sadly not .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay with us over the weekend. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed dining with us and that you found the team to be friendly and welcoming. Disappointed to hear that you wouldn't return to us in the future, the double bed is in fact a standard double I can assure you, however I take on board your comments that they are not the largest bedroom we have hence the reason we sell them as "Compact Classic Rooms". I don't think you would have known that as you were with the large group and the organiser allocated the rooms.
We do indeed have lots of larger rooms should you wish to return to us at some point.
Thank you once again.