1,047 results
All reviewssea viewsand dunesdog friendly hotellovely hotelevening mealsea frontwould highly recommend this hotelpublic areasdouble roomboth nightsfamily roomcouldn't do enoughmany thanksfollowing morningmy mumfull englishtown centre
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Glendower this week on a business trip and enjoyed my stay at hotel. Although I was disappointed not to have a sea view room, my room was very comfortable and very well decorated with all the home comforts - clock radio, hairdryer, plenty of storage space, big telly and I loved the headboard with built in light ! The bathroom was modern and very clean. The breakfasts were delicious. I had eggs benedict one morning - really delicious and cooked breakfast the second morning - again very hot, well presented. The hotel is really warm, in fact the heat is noticeable immediately when you come through the door and the heating coming on did wake me up at 5am ! I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank PandRDerbyshire
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Hello There,
So glad you have found us comfortable & cosy, as I have mentioned previously as a business traveller working away from home it is our aim to make you feel as relaxed as possible within the hotel and I am happy to hear that we seem to have achieved that. I will send your compliments to the chef re your breakfast also.
We hope you will return to stay with us when you are next in the area.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had a 2 night break booked through Groupon and we have to say that the experience lived up to our expectations as we have used the hotel on numerous occasions in the past.

From the initial greeting from Charlie at reception to the accomodation and meals were all first rate as usual. The sea view room we had was very spacious and had all the special touches.

We will definitely be booking again before long.

Joyce and Graham Huddersfield.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Derek Graham H

Good Morning,
Thank you so much for your positive comments. I am delighted to read that you found your stay with us to be fantastic and that you will be returning very soon.
Charlie will be pleased to have got a special mention and I will pass on your great comments to the rest of the team also.
Best Wishes

Reviewed March 25, 2014

It's been a while since I stayed at the Glendower in Lytham St Annes. At that time it was typical of many sea side town hotels,; it suffered from low tourist visits due to cheap holidays abroad, so consequently little income and therefore investment.
I'm pleased to report that the hotel is floureshing, and refreshed from various stages of updates and modernisation.
The reception area, restraurant and bar layout areas are smart, clean with a omptemporary feel and friendly, helpful staff.
Although a late booking, the room allocated was also smart, with a modern feel. It was quiet too, being positioned at the rear of the hotel. The decor and furnishing were bang up to date, clean and comfortable. The bathroom had also been updated, with new fittings, yet still with a victorian feel, that suits the hotels style and heritage - good balance.
Sadly we didn't get much chance to stay in the hotel, to enjoy its other features, but if they reflect the areas we saw, then I recommend the hotel for visit. It's ideally situated on the beach and close to the main St Annes shopping square.

Room Tip: I've stayed in a sea view room before and they are excellent for the view - but if you stay in winter, when it's windy, then a room at the rear of the hotel are fine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian C

Good Morning,
I am delighted to read your wonderful comments regarding the improvement's we are making to the hotel, we are constantly updating and reinvesting in the hotel and its really super to hear that they all we are trying to achieve hasn't gone unnoticed.
We are currently having a bespoke carpet designed for the entire ground floor of the hotel which I think will have a huge impact on the look and feel of the communal areas.
Thank you also for the other positive comments regarding your overall stay with us.
Hopefully we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Room was fine, large and clean. Evening meal was also fine, however breakfast was a different situation altogether.

The choice at breakfast was good, the waiting staff excellent but eggs benedict came out stone cold - TWICE. I was not the only guest sending eggs back - I saw at least 4 others.

It should not happen once, but twice is inexcusable. The poor waiting staff of course bore the brunt

Room Tip: On the front has wonderful view over the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JDGall

Good Morning,
I am very troubled to hear about the cold egg situation at breakfast, it really is unacceptable and I will be taking the matter up with relevant department to ascertain exactly what went wrong.
We pride ourselves on offering a wide selection of breakfast items to cater for the most discerning taste, and I can only apologise that we failed to deliver on this occasion.
Thank you for the feedback and I do hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.
Best Regards

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic lunch. The food was beautifully prepared and presented. A good variety on the menu and the specials were very tempting too. New decor made it a bright and sunny location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank LinsHW

Good Morning,
Thank you for your fabulous review of our new restaurant "Coast". Great news to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your time with us and I will pass your favourable comments on to the rest of the team.
Hopefully you will return in the not too distant future.