Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel check in very good, The room was lovely size,for two adults, 16 year old and a dog.
staff were very helpful and we had meal in the hotel which was very nice,
nice bar area to sit in
hoitel was very clean
Good choice of breakfast,
even let us sit in lounge area with our little dog as long as we kept him on his lead.
Good value for money

Room Tip: we had family room at back of hotel very large
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Good Afternoon,
So pleased to hear you had a lovely stay with us, and that yourself and your family felt comfortable.
We do hope you will return to visit us again, but in the meantime best wishes from all the team over Christmas and hope you have a great start to 2014.
Kind Regards

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Wow.. This hotel is perfect for everything . Check in When we arrived the hotel looked pretty full but there was enough parking and plenty on the road if you couldn't find a space. The check in was clear and simple, we were asked if you wanted papers, wake up ect.. From the outset you could tell this was going to be a good hotel just by the initial service. Rooms My wife, 11 year old daughter and I spent the night here just to go see the lights in Blackpool. The room were lovely. We stayed in a massive triple room with a lovely bathroom. It was all very clean and comfy.
The restaurant for the evening meal and breakfast was excellent. service was impecable......Very impressed.............We will return. Thank You.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Good Afternoon,
Very gratifying to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time during your short stay here with us, hopefully your daughter will continue to want to experience the illuminations again and that you will return to see you in 2014.
We wish you and your lovely family a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Warm Regards

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I both aged 74 spend many happy and peaceful days in the Lake District and have stayed at many dog friendly hotels. This month we decided to visit St Ann's a place where we lived many years ago, we were attracted to the Glendower because it was a Best Western Hotel and portrayed its self as "dog friendly" this hotel and its top management are definitely not "dog friendly" and is not of the Best Western normal high standard and should not be presenting itself as being so. My wife and I along with two little well trained and behaved dogs booked into the Glendower for a 4 day stay only to discover that we were not allowed to sit anywhere on the ground floor with our dogs, when I asked the receptionist in front of a female Director of the hotel, where could we sit with the dogs, her reply was "put them in the car" how dog friendly is that? We only spent one night in this human and dog unfriendly place and we returned home, of course The Glendower kept all of the £319 booking fee after we agreed they would only charge for 2 nights and we could reclaim the other 2 days charge back from the agent Expedia, so dishonesty has also now been added to this Hotels woes. During my telephone conversation with the General Manager Mr Joe Little he answered my question "why your hotel does not allow guests and there dogs to sit together in the hotel" his reply was we have that ruling in case a guest has 15 or more dogs" this conversation was recorded.

Room Tip: The lift that only serves a quarter of the hotel rooms is a joke, however the front facing rooms tha...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank albertr266

It really is unfortunate that your two dogs howled continuously, so much so that we received 8 complaints on your first evening when you went down for dinner. We very politely asked you if you could refrain your dogs from barking which you were unhappy with. The top management you are referring to is me, after another 6 complaints about your dog's behaviour on the following morning, you asked where your animals were supposed to go if you couldn't bring them into the restaurant, I merely suggested whether they would be calmer if you put them in the car so that you could enjoy your breakfast. This was the point when you started shouting and being abusive to myself and my colleagues, I am not going to repeat what you called my receptionist.
It was in fact you who decided to leave you paid advance purchase and at no point did I offer to give you your money back, had you have been in a calmer frame of mind and not so rude, I would have done.
Your final words were to a representative at Best Western Head Office were "I'm going to everything in my power to damage this hotel " that phone call was also recorded.
I rest my case.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay for a weekend break. After parking the car in the spacious car park at the front of the hotel, we were checked in early by a very welcoming and friendly receptionist with no problems. Although the room did not have a sea view, it was of a good size and standard with a television. The bathroom contained fresh towels, soap, shower gel, shampoo etc and the shower was of an excellent standard with plenty of hot water.

The breakfast menu was extensive (I think I counted 13 choices) and I opted for the full English breakfast which was delicious. There were 8 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their breakfast. The staff in the restaurant area were also efficient and courteous. It was a short walk to the town centre and before we went out in the evening we sampled a few beers at the hotel bar in a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere.

One of our party had booked a sea view room and she was very pleased as the room was enormous. Although my room was not as large, the bed was comfortable and I got a really good nights sleep.
All in all I had a really pleasant stay at the Glendower Hotel and we found all staff to be friendly and courteous and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are very large.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Redfoxpen

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your super review of the hotel, I have passed your excellent comments to the team. Regarding the breakfast we certainly do like to give plenty of choice to set you up for the day, we have recently added cold meats & cheese's to the selection so plenty of choice all around.
I hope that you are enjoying the festive season so far, and it would be great to see you sometime in the New Year.
Kind Regards

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Wow.. This hotel is perfect for everything .

Check in

Rooms
We travelled as a group of 18-22 year olds just to go see the lights in Blackpool. The rooms were lovely. We stayed in a massive triple room with a lovely bathroom. It was all very clean and comfy. I would say that the wall paper could do with being done in room 126 as I did see a bit stuck on with tape but didn't affect us .. And for £50 definitely didn't need to complain, especially with the state of some of the hotels in Blackpool.
The other 2 rooms were the basic doubles. They were also very nice, modern, comfy with good en suites. They were small but not much different that a premier inn. The only real issue we had was that we were spread throughout the hotel. It would have been nice if we're were together.

Leisure facilities
We were offered lots of different activities including gym, swimming snooker ect. After we got back from the lights we went to the bar, quite pricey but was ok.. The snooker room is good. A full size table and definitely helped us to enjoy the rest of our evening. Gym looked brand new and I'm sure if you are there a good period of time would be useful.

Breakfast
As already mentioned the hotel was very busy and when we went down for breakfast it seemed like the whole of Blackpool was there. This was a bit annoying .. The dining room looked lovely and the food smelt delicious .. So we were a bit gutted that we didn't eat there.

Overall
This is a great hotel. You definitely would not be disappointed if you booked here. I would and so would all my friends/family come back in a heart beat :)
If the hotel reads this then thank you for such a wonderful stay .. Your service was brilliant. There are a couple of recommendations I would suggest .. If you would like to hear them I would be more than happy to receive a message .

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank j_mie

Good Morning,
Wow that's a comprehensive review, am so pleased that it was all so favourable for you and your party of friends. I really would be very interested in hearing about any improvement's we can make here at the hotel. My email address is victoria@glendowerhotel.co.uk we are constantly striving to improve so any pointers are most welcome.
With very best wishes for Christmas and indeed for 2014.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have just returned from a wonderfully relaxing "four nights for the price of three" short break at the Glendower. I had asked for a prestige room and, although being a solo guest, I was given room 106, a spacious, bay-windowed, first floor room with a view across the dunes out to sea, well furnished, including a comfortable, enormous bed, flat screen, multi-channel TV (including teletext and subtitles [a real bonus for someone who is deaf], modern bath/shower, bath robe/slippers, tea/coffee making facilities, bottled water, morning paper.........everything anyone could possibly need. The breakfast menu was incredible: cereals, muesli, fresh/dried fruits, best quality cold meats and cheeses, yogurts, a selection of breads, cakes and pastries, including the best croissants I have had for years (including on numerous visits to France!); there was also a choice of cooked breakfasts including the traditional English, smoked haddock, eggs benedict, to name just a few. Dinner was equally tempting with a good choice of beautifully cooked and served dishes for each of the three courses on offer. Throughout the hotel every single member of staff was welcoming, cheerful and helpful. I hope to return for more of this splendid hospitality.

Room Tip: I only saw the room I had (106). I paid very little more for a "prestige" room but even s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Barrie H

Good Morning,
What a wonderful review, thank you so much for all your positive feedback. I am sorry it has taken a couple of weeks to reply, we have been decking the halls and making everywhere a winter winter wonderland ready for Christmas and the party season.
On behalf of the entire team here at the hotel we wish you a very "Merry Christmas" and we hope you will return to visit in the new year.
Best Regards

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Comfortable clean rooms and lovely breakfast. The hotel has a great bar and communal area, and we really enjoyed the snooker room. Next time we are bringing our gym stuff as the new gym looks great!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Good Morning,
Great news that you found the hotel to be lovely during your stay with us. I can confirm that the new gym has been a great addition to the hotel, the personal training zone is a must if you fancy not being able to walk for three days lol !!
We very much look forward to seeing you in the hotel sometime in the not too distant future.
Best Regards