“Top notch”

Novello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Novello offers a broad range of dishes, with very creative combinations. All our food from the breads to the desserts are freshley prepered in the restaurant premises using only the finest seasonal fresh ingredients that are available,the restaurant also stocks an extensive range of fine wines to suit all tastes.Many of our wines are featured in Gambero Rosso in particular the Cervaro,Brunello Antinori and the Solaia.
Lancashire
“Top notch”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited Novello on Valentines and had a fantastic meal. We were asked for a deposit on booking but they then said that it was ok without one (as we were out at the time and didn't want to read out our card number) this was a bit odd as I've never been asked for a deposit before? Irrespective of this the choice on the menu caters for all with some very creative combinations. The presentation of the food was good, the portion sizes were adequate and the quality of the food was second to none the flavours were so rich and tasty. The service was good and the restaurant was busy. We first went to Novello some years ago it's just as good as it was originally! This is the ideal place to visit for a treat or special occasion.

LYTHAM ST ANNES
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous New Menu - the best just got even better !”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I visited Novello again on Tuesday for a birthday treat ... and what a treat it was. We were greeted by Tony with the new menu. As it was my birthday I tried the lobster ravioli as a starter... it was the most delicious dish I have ever tasted. Mouth-wateringly moist, enrobed in a fragrant sauce! The turbot for main course was fantastic too all washed down with a fabulous wine recommended by Tony. Thanks once again for making my evening really special.

Carlisle, england
“Great food after a long time away”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Every time we go to Novello we always have an amazing meal. We had not been for quite some time and decided to go out to our favourite restaurant.
They have a new menu with lots of delicious looking options and new Chicchetti.
The food was amazing,
I recommend everybody to experience Novello!

Lytham
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just wanted to share my experience of eating at Novello's for the first time.
The food was fantastic and the service was great too. I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone. Very friendly atmosphere.

Loved it.

• Visited December 2012
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“So Disappointed - Will Never Return”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I can only sum up our evening in Nuvello as an expensive disappointment. We were in a group of eight and nobody felt their meal was great. We only had two courses as we decided that if the deserts were comparable to the main meals there wasn’t much point.
Two particular dishes were an absolute disgrace, Penne al Pollo, and the Carbonarra. I would go as far to say I have tasted better microwave meals. In the Penne al Pollo there wasn’t even the equivalent to a quarter of a chicken breast and one mushroom cut into slices. As for the Carbonarra after a long search we managed to find four very small pieces of bacon.
Whether we were just unlucky on the night that we went I’m not sure, the other reviews seem so far from the experience we had there. I can safely say I will not be going again, there are some many good restaurants in Lytham this one needs to improve.

• Visited December 2012