“Great stay!”
Review of The Lindum Hotel

The Lindum Hotel
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed in the Lindum hotel for 4 nights. Found staff were very helpful and provided excellent service. Room was clean and tidy. Execllent food served at breakfast and dinner. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
lindumreply, Public Relations Manager at The Lindum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello There

Many thanks for your kind review.

Look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed October 15, 2012

nice clean hotel, only down side was having to climb lots of steps to get to our room no lift on that side of the hotel.(room 517)
had entertainment on, which was ok,
mainly catering for the elder generation which isn't a problem as you are only a few minuets away from a nice little town with lots of nice bars and places to eat.
bar prices in the hotel were cheaper than the local pubs.
over all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
lindumreply, Public Relations Manager at The Lindum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hello There

Many thanks for your review. Hopefully the stairs to the room were not too much of a problem. Unfortunately due to the constraints of the building we cannot put a lift on that side of the building.

We do make regular stop checks on local bars and hotels to make sure our prices fall in line, so we are obviously pleasing people from a pricing point of view !!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed at the Lindum again, this time was for a long weekend, and this visit incorporated a show that was down the road in Blackpool. Great welcome from the staff as we checked in, and the restaurant staff were very polite and helpful too. Good food too, both breakfasts and the evening meals. Loved the view from the rooms too, very clean. The transfer from the Lindum to the show, and return were spot on............all arranged by the Lindum. Look forward to being back again soon, both for shows, and a simple break too........
Rita A

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
lindumreply, Public Relations Manager at The Lindum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Hi Rita

Many thanks for your review. Great to hear you enjoyed our theatre trip. We have many more lined up for 2013 and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Ben

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've read several of the reviews on here about the Lindum Hotel in St Annes on Sea and everyone has their own opinion, so this is mine. We have just returned from a long weekend break and it was lovely. It was a package - bed, breakfast and evening meal with 2 days of golf at 2 local courses for my partner. The hotel is on the sea front at St Annes and we were in room 507 which is a family room at the front with great sea views. I think we were given this because there were a couple of coaches in that weekend with elderly visitors and the lift is only available on the other side of the hotel so as we are rather younger we could use the stairs. The food as always was good, especially the evening meal where you get a lovely choice and the desserts are probably the highlight! The hotel staff are pleasant and helpful and the restaurant staff are polite and cheerful, especially Matt who is always friendly and happy to chat to guests. The housekeeping is good, beds are made, clean towels left if needed, tea,coffee and milk etc always replenished daily. There is entertainment in the evenings but if you don't want to join in then there are plenty of pubs, bars, restaurants etc in Lytham and St Annes and Blackpool is just down the road so lots of choice. Quite a lot of more mature guests do stay here but we have never found that a problem. Everyone is made to feel welcome in our experience and we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem check which side of the hotel you are on when booking as the lift is only on...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
lindumreply, Public Relations Manager at The Lindum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Hello Suzanne

Many thanks for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Lindum for your Golf Weekend. Hopefully next time we will be able to order some better weather for you !

Look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at The Lindum last Sunday night, I had looked at the reviews on trip advisor and we approached the front door with some trepidation, so much so that we left the case in the car (yes there were a number of spaces in the car park free!) until we had checked out the room. The room was excellent - so we quickly got the case and brought it up to the room. The decor was a little dated BUT the room was clean and offered everything that you may need - from the well stocked welcome tray to the two comfortable beds. Downstairs in the lounge the bar snacks were excellent and good value. The staff at the desk and in the bar were very attentive and did everything that they could to make our short stay a pleasure - I would definitely recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: room 105 - a large room with a double bed and a single
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
lindumreply, Public Relations Manager at The Lindum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Hello There

Many thanks for your kind review. Its nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and some of our recent trip advisor comments we have unfortunately received did not put you off.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is not my first port of call as I have e mailed the manager and the response I received was not acceptable.
You wouldn't think I would complain as this was a 'free nights stay' with lloyds TSB, well what a disappointment.

Advise for people with young children...... do not take them and the reasons being are as follows -
My 23 month old daughter was subjected to 2 boiling hot teapots placed in front of her to touch!!! This is unacceptable and very careless.
My 23 month old daughter and 4 year old were charged £6.50 each for breakfast, they ate melon and toast but the response I received from the manager was basically its not their fault the children didn't eat more - pathetic.
The manager has refunded me £13.00 to my account so ii believe as a gesture of good will!!
Thank you!

The staff were miserable and not in the slightest interested in anything and disgustingly careless, this has been addressed with a response of ' i will look into this' meaning?...

I did pay a surcharge of £25 to upgrade to take the children but really wished we had not of bothered it was the worst stay I have ever had.

Monies were taken from my bank account without myself knowing - I was happy for the £25 to be taken but not £36 for breakfast we had not requested.
YES I contacted them and asked why they had done this and they said would you like a refund, is that really still acceptable to freely take money without consent?

The rooms were very dated and the view was not nice in ours, but this really was not a huge issue, the issues are my child nearly being injured, staffs attitudes, prices for children to eat and money being taken from my bank without being authorised.

When e mailing the manager I expected nothing less than a meaningful apology and my full fees refunded, we had an e mail basically coming across that they were not really interested and I felt they thought I was overacting! They refunded £13 and advised to contact the marketing company that lloyds TSB used.... astonishing really. I will be taking it further and I can see their responses to peoples complaints on here seems to be very similar and they are 'never in the wrong'.
I would never ever return not even fro free......!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank G-Jones13
lindumreply, Public Relations Manager at The Lindum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Mrs Jones

In response to your post. First of all I would like to say that we take all point raised on trip advisor very seriously and an no point do we reply to any post with the attitude of "We are never in the wrong"
If you feel that our dining room staff were "Miserable and not in the slightest interested in anything and disgustingly careless" then we apologise. The Directors and myself have looked into the issue and the staff working that day have been advised of your comments. In our defence, the attitude of our staff is something that very rarely receives negative feedback. Infact this is an area we pride ourselves on.
With regards to the incident involving the teapots the response of "i will look into this" is not entirely accurate. Although we cannot post data from the e mail we sent to you I can quote our response of "we will investigate the health and safety matter, as we agree this could have caused an incident" is nothing more than the truth. A full investigation has already been implemented and staff have now been re trained on the serving of hot beverages, especially when children are seated at a table. Staff are now also trained to ask guests with children how they would like their hot beverages serving to the table to reduce the risk of any accidents.
We also apologise for the administration error and taking monies from your bank account, this should not have happened although we did offer a refund and at the time it was declined.
We have not at any point tried to give the impression that we are not interested or you were over reacting. Like I have said in the above we have taken your issues raised very seriously.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just returned from 2 nights stay Friday 21st and Saturday22ndSeptember . Dinner was very good. Friendly staff, clean rooms and public areas. Good seafront location. Booked for a week next summer. Looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Nice sea views.
1  Thank Rob W
lindumreply, Public Relations Manager at The Lindum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Hello There

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon