Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inn on the Prom Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
St. Ives Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Mode Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
The Bedford Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Clifton Park Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Breakfast included
The Anchorage(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Breakfast included
The Lindum Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Elsinghurst Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
All reviewsatrium restaurantindigo barkids cinemacarvery restaurantcinema roomsquash courtswimming poolsea viewseparate toiletgreat family hotelevening entertainmentschool holidayssteam roomfront facingfamily roomchildren's entertainmentleisure facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Spent last weekend here as a party of 12 - our annual trip with the family- which we have done for 20 plus years. Service in the carvery in terms of clearing tables was exceptionally poor - on the Friday evening the restaurant was quiet and yet I had to ask to have soup bowls , plates etc removed from the middle of our table while the waiting staff chatted to each other - I was then made to feel like I was being awkward etc - no need at all. Things like this do matter.

• Stayed: August 2013
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I was extremely disappointed to read your comments regarding the standard of service offered in the Carvery Restaurant. I have taken this matter up in the strongest possible terms with our Food and Beverage Manager, and do not expect to see any recurrence of this situation, as it is my aim to provide the highest level of service in all the hotel outlets. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Despite this negative aspect of your stay, I hope that you will consider returning to the Dalmeny on a future occasion, and hope that I may have the pleasure of welcoming you back personally

General Manager/ Director

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Superb 5 nights at The Dalmeny. Room great large and clean, breakfasts excellent, right balance of healthy stuff. It seemed cooler in Breakfast basement than last tie we were here so this made a big difference, we got down late for breakfast at 9:45 one day but there was still great choice. Not sure about Iggy Pop's lust for life as breakfast music though. Kids entertainment more diverse with creep crawly animal show on the first night. Kids loved it. Won £25 at Bingo to spend in shop so ended up nearly passing out from Haribo overdose and Chinese toys but kids loved it.
Trouble connecting to wifi in room but a quick call and they rebooted routers which solved it, although I couldn't connect my iPhone throughout 5 days next to pool neither my wife's, but iPads would - bizarre. O2 and Three phone signal in FY8 terrible everywhere so wifi really important.
Jacuzzi out Sunday night but was fixed quickly for Monday morning. Kids went in pool everyday and loved it. We hired a beach hut one day which was great as had relatives here. Pizza good in bar and staff throughout very helpful especially John who's picture I had at the side of my bed every night, much to my wife's annoyance;)
Relaxing stay overall and would book again for next year as long as Zoe allows me the password and login to be Dalmeny TripAdvisor 'Guest Replier' for a day, she must need a break! Superb!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shiveringgoat
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your glowing report. Reading such comments really heartens me. My family have owned and managed the Dalmeny for over sixty seven years now, and it is always gratifying to learn that, on the whole, we maintain our reputation as an ideal family orientated hotel.
I do understand your frustration with the WiFi and mobile signals, as I also suffer the same problem personally. However I am assured that this situation will improve.
Thank you for your kind offer to be 'guest replier' to the TripAdvisor comments for a day. It is a time consuming job, but very necessary for me to acknowledge the constructive comments received, and they do provide a very valuable yardstick as to how the hotel is performing alongside our competitors
I trust that you will consider returning to visit us again soon, and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you personally

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Dalmeny Hotel holds very special memories for my Mother as the location of family holidays when my Father was still alive and my Sisters & I were children. It was, therefore, the obvious choice for us to celebrate Mum's 80th birthday, with our party comprised of no fewer than 16 people with ages ranging from Mum through to her youngest Grandchildren at 3 years. While the hotel has changed beyond recognition since our last stay there as a family in 1972, the friendly atmosphere and emphasis on entertaining guests remains the same. As is the case with all British seaside resorts you can never base your plans on a guarantee of good weather. The Dalmeny, however, has overcome this to a significant extent with plenty of indoor activities available to guests including a leisure centre, (swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym), crèche, children's activities, amusement arcade and evening entertainment. The fact that none of the children in our party complained of being bored is a testimony to how effective this range of activities is. As it happens the weather during our stay was warm and sunny which allowed us to enjoy most of the external features within close proximity to the hotel including the beach (great for kite flying) and Ashton Gardens where we enjoyed a picnic.
The hotel were very kind to us during our stay, giving Mum a complimentary upgrade to a large room with a balcony and sea-view, and a bouquet of flowers. Zoe, the General Manager, also took time to have a chat with us sharing memories of her childhood as the Daughter of the hotel's owners at the same time that my Sisters and I were children.
The only negative aspects of the stay were caused by what appeared to be under-staffing, resulting in long waits for food in the Patio Bar and drinks in the bar, and some very stressed individuals who were struggling to keep up with the volume of customers in the Patio Bar and elsewhere. I was also slightly disappointed with the breakfast arrangement which was a self-service buffet, as was dinner albeit that worked much better with the young children.
Our rooms were clean and contained everything that you're entitled to expect in a modern hotel. It was a surprise to me that our bedroom was designed to cater for all three of my children as we've frequently encountered arrangements which involve one of them having to use a pull-out bed, or even a completely separate room (with associated costs). The room Mum had was lovely, as was the one that my older Sister and her Husband had (also with balcony and sea-view).
At the end of our stay the unanimous verdict was that we must return next year, and I can't think of a greater endorsement of a hotel than that!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your very complimentary review. It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay, and to recall childhood memories of the Dalmeny. It has certainly evolved since my grandparents started the business in 1946, although I do believe that, throughout this period, we have always maintained our aim to provide an enjoyable experience for all the family.
Thank you for your constructive comments regarding staffing levels in the Bar and Patio areas. I have certainly taken these on board, and will monitor these areas closely. It is always difficult to forecast trading levels at any specific time, but we do realise that customers should not be kept waiting for long periods.
We do operate a buffet style Breakfast and Dinner in the Carvery Restaurant, as we find that, overall, this seems to be the most acceptable type of service for families. It is also the best method of serving large number of guests. However, if any guest wishes to be served at the table, our waiters would be happy to oblige.
I hope that you will be returning to stay with us again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back to The Dalmeny

Reviewed August 9, 2013

we had a party at the atrium in the dalmeny, the staff were fantastic couldnt have gone any better. The food was exactly what we had asked for, they made extra effort to find real ale for our guests, I couldnt recommend it highly enough if your looking for a venue to hold a party.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhock

Thank you for your kind comments.
The Atrium is an excellent venue for all types of functions and events, and I was delighted to hear that both the ambiance, the food, and the service were all well received. I will certainly pass on your comments to all the staff concerned

z robertson@dalmenyhotel.co.uk

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Arrived at the hotel to be told we didn't have a booking. After some investigation the guy on reception found the booking and said we were due to arrived the day before (we weren't) this was resolved all without an apology which was slightly annoying. Went to our room which was great for our family except the drawers were broken, the toilet roll holder was hanging off and there was a burn in the carpet I reported all the things immediately mainly to ensure the hotel didn't think we had done any of them. Unfortunately I still had broken draws the next day and had to report again. This time the request was dealt with very quickly. Love cocktails in the indego bar. Also love the food, would be nice to see the wine prices reduced! The Young lads that work in there seemed rushed off there feet but are still helpful and polite
(except one). Need more staff when selling cocktails and when you know there is a wedding in the hotel. Yet again I heard someone been refused coffee as the machine was off. However after a complaint this was 'turned on'
Food in carvery at breakfast was excellent as were the staff. Pool is great. St Anne's is a lovely place.
All this said love this hotel and had another great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank finny007

Thank you for taking the time to register your very constructive comments. I was pleased to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your recent stay with us, although you did unfortunately suffer some minor niggles.Please accept my sincere apologies for the mix up on your arrival. Evidently our Reservations Agent had misposted your booking to arrive on the wrong day. Furthermore, you did not receive an apology for this oversight, which really does concern me.
I note that on arrival in your room, you reported broken draws, a burn on the carpet and a toilet roll holder hanging off. You did report these immediately, but unfortunately the matter was not remedied until the following day.. We unfortunately do not have any maintenance staff on duty during late afternoon/evening periods, but I am told that these matters were dealt with as soon as possible the following day. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this situation
I have passed your comments regarding the service issues in Bar Indigo to our Food and Beverage Manager to investigate, and also asked him to check our wine prices against those of other local hotels. The matter of the coffee machine has also been brought to his attention, as this situation is certainly not acceptable
Thank you once again for bringing all these points to my attention. I hope that they will not deter you from staying with us again in the future, and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Dalmeny