“Fantastic stay... Fantastic hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rooms

and 1 more site!
The Rooms
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay... Fantastic hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Having stayed at the rooms for just one night we were left not wanting to leave!

Jackie came to meet us to let us in - openin the door to a lush hall way with the breakfast room to the right and the owner living quarters to the left. Offering us a glass of wine and beer jackie walked us to the room.

The room nothing short of chic an unique! Gorgeous bed linen, tea and coffee making facilities, absolutely stunning wet room/bathroom, tv and iPod dock.

Breakfast was warm pastries, bucks fizz, a fresh fruit smoothie and a menu with something for everyone on it. By far one of the best breakfasts we've ever had!

Overall boutique sums this place up perfectly and admittedly I expected it to be lovely for the price but was blown away by how nice it really is! The little extras are what makes this place special as well as jackie and Andy who make it seem like nothing's too much trouble! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at the rooms for work, as it was close to one of our offices and we have a discounted rate.
Overall I would say it’s a lovely place to stay- and the owners are very friendly and welcoming. I was given room 1, which included a huge bath so I was very pleased! The shower and bath facilities are great.  It is open plan so you effectively get a wetroom in your bedroom, but it all looks very modern and stylish. The toilet is tucked away in its own little closet. Lots of toiletries and extras (sewing kit etc) were a nice touch.
The bed was very roomy and comfortable and the room itself quite large. The facilities were very good-full tea and coffee and yummy biscuits.
My only 2  gripes were firstly the heat in the room-I slept without covers and the fan on full and was still boiling. And I’m normally cold!! I think it was probably due to it being at the top of the house.  My second issue was the wardrobe-every time you moved in the room it gave the largest creak!! Daft I know but at night its almost alarmingly loud.
There were lots of books and magazines to read, although mostly FHM-I’d have liked a woman’s magazine please!!

• Stayed October 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Had a fab stay, it was warm & friendly. Breakfast was super

• Stayed February 2012
christinaanne068
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

As soon as you walk through the door you know The Rooms are going to be something special. The decor, artwork, light fittings, furniture etc are all fabulous and create a very modern but relaxing atmosphere. Andy and Jackie welcomed us with a glass of wine and asked what time we would like breakfast the next morning before showing us to our room. The breakfasts (which alone are worth staying here for) are excellent with a fantastic choice including granola/cereal, fresh fruit and pastries as well as numerous cooked options (the fish cakes are a favourite). Andy is more than happy to adapt any dish to suit your taste and produces some great looking (and tasting) food. We stayed at the week-end and enjoyed a Bucks Fizz (or two) which started the day off very well! Jackie makes great fresh smoothies too. Our visit in January was the latest of many stays we have had here and we are always reluctant to leave.

The rooms themselves are extremely comfortable and beautifully decorated, lovely beds/linen, tea/coffee making equipment provided, flat screen TV/dvd (a huge selection of dvds are available) and iPod docking station. In the bathrooms (in our case a wet room with a monsoon type shower) there are toiletries and stacks of towels Our room was at the back of the house (up two flights of stairs) and was very quiet with a view of the garden. We have yet to eat breakfast in the garden because of the time of year we usually visit but would be lovely in the summer.

The Rooms are situated close to the centre of Lytham with all its coffee and wine bars, restaurants, shops etc so very convenient.

Andy & Jackie seem to have achieved a perfect balance with regard to professionalism and at the same time being warm and friendly hosts. We would totally recommend The Rooms and having stayed here wouldn't go anywhere else now!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a Saturday night at the Rooms. We had a top foor room with a superb shower. Calming decor and the most delicious breakfast ever. Would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

This B&B as absolutely top notch. The decor is ultra modern with no expense spared, from the glass ball door handles to fabulous shower rooms. The attention to detail is amazing and has some lovely artwork around. Jackie was very welcoming and friendly and the breakfast in the morning was superb, although did have to pass on the bucks fizz :D. A little pricey as B&B's go but if you want the best then this is one to go for. Will certainly be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at The Rooms for work, as it was close to one of our offices and we have a discounted rate. Overall I would say it’s a lovely place to stay- and the owners are very friendly and welcoming.
I was given room 1, which included a huge bath so I was very pleased! The shower and bath facilities are great. It is open plan so you effectively get a wetroom in your bedroom, but it all looks very modern and stylish. The toilet is tucked away in its own little closet. Lots of toiletries and extras (sewing kit etc) were a nice touch.

My only 2 small gripes were firstly the heat in the room-I slept without covers and the fan on full and was still boiling. And I’m normally cold!! I think it was probably due to it being at the top of the house. My second issue was the wardrobe-every time you moved in the room it gave the largest creak!! Daft I know but at night its almost alarmingly loud.

The breakfast was fab, I can see why it’s won so many awards. I went for smoked haddock with poached eggs, but there were many more options that sounded great. There was also a good choice of cereals, toast, juice and I was also offered a fresh smoothie which was a lovely (and tasty!) touch.

All in all, a lovely modern place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1 if you want a bath!