“Warm & friendly”

and 1 more site!
The Rooms
“Warm & friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Had a fab stay, it was warm & friendly. Breakfast was super

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
christinaanne068
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

As soon as you walk through the door you know The Rooms are going to be something special. The decor, artwork, light fittings, furniture etc are all fabulous and create a very modern but relaxing atmosphere. Andy and Jackie welcomed us with a glass of wine and asked what time we would like breakfast the next morning before showing us to our room. The breakfasts (which alone are worth staying here for) are excellent with a fantastic choice including granola/cereal, fresh fruit and pastries as well as numerous cooked options (the fish cakes are a favourite). Andy is more than happy to adapt any dish to suit your taste and produces some great looking (and tasting) food. We stayed at the week-end and enjoyed a Bucks Fizz (or two) which started the day off very well! Jackie makes great fresh smoothies too. Our visit in January was the latest of many stays we have had here and we are always reluctant to leave.

The rooms themselves are extremely comfortable and beautifully decorated, lovely beds/linen, tea/coffee making equipment provided, flat screen TV/dvd (a huge selection of dvds are available) and iPod docking station. In the bathrooms (in our case a wet room with a monsoon type shower) there are toiletries and stacks of towels Our room was at the back of the house (up two flights of stairs) and was very quiet with a view of the garden. We have yet to eat breakfast in the garden because of the time of year we usually visit but would be lovely in the summer.

The Rooms are situated close to the centre of Lytham with all its coffee and wine bars, restaurants, shops etc so very convenient.

Andy & Jackie seem to have achieved a perfect balance with regard to professionalism and at the same time being warm and friendly hosts. We would totally recommend The Rooms and having stayed here wouldn't go anywhere else now!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a Saturday night at the Rooms. We had a top foor room with a superb shower. Calming decor and the most delicious breakfast ever. Would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

This B&B as absolutely top notch. The decor is ultra modern with no expense spared, from the glass ball door handles to fabulous shower rooms. The attention to detail is amazing and has some lovely artwork around. Jackie was very welcoming and friendly and the breakfast in the morning was superb, although did have to pass on the bucks fizz :D. A little pricey as B&B's go but if you want the best then this is one to go for. Will certainly be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at The Rooms for work, as it was close to one of our offices and we have a discounted rate. Overall I would say it’s a lovely place to stay- and the owners are very friendly and welcoming.
I was given room 1, which included a huge bath so I was very pleased! The shower and bath facilities are great. It is open plan so you effectively get a wetroom in your bedroom, but it all looks very modern and stylish. The toilet is tucked away in its own little closet. Lots of toiletries and extras (sewing kit etc) were a nice touch.
The bed was very roomy and comfortable and the room itself quite large. The facilities were very good-full tea and coffee and yummy biscuits.

My only 2 small gripes were firstly the heat in the room-I slept without covers and the fan on full and was still boiling. And I’m normally cold!! I think it was probably due to it being at the top of the house. My second issue was the wardrobe-every time you moved in the room it gave the largest creak!! Daft I know but at night its almost alarmingly loud.

There were lots of books and magazines to read, although mostly FHM-I’d have liked a woman’s magazine please!!

The breakfast was fab, I can see why it’s won so many awards. I went for smoked haddock with poached eggs, but there were many more options that sounded great. There was also a good choice of cereals, toast, juice and I was also offered a fresh smoothie which was a lovely (and tasty!) touch.

All in all, a lovely modern place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1 if you want a bath!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was recommended the Rooms by a colleague, who is a regular guest. Since staying there myself, I've never been back to my previous favourite place to stay in Lytham.

The rooms are very comfortable, and well appointed, with lovely wet rooms and lots of hot water. The breakfast is superb - the eggs benedict and a fruit smoothie is a great way to start the day, but all of the breakfast options I have tried are lovely.

I stay regularly for business, but my wife is determined that we'll stay one night, so she can try the eggs benedict for herself!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way up the West Coast of the UK during our honeymoon. We were travelling from Bath on a Friday. We had a grand plan to head to Chester to see the zoo before continuing our journey to our accommodation. We started out driving through part of Wales on the B roads until we were diverted because of road works. This put us behind schedule but I still thought we could get to Chester in plenty of time. Unfortunately I was very wrong. We were diverted for a second time and then we got a little lost trying to get back onto the motorway. By the time we got on the motorway it was raining and it was also rush hour. We got stuck in traffic for what seemed like an eternity between Manchester and Liverpool.

By the time we got to Lytham Saint Annes it was dark and raining. I had printed out the directions to The Rooms (35 Church Road Lytham) from google maps and was pretty sure I could get there without much trouble, but again I was wrong. It seems I hadn't taken into account the fact that Lytham Saint Annes are two different towns and they of course both have a church street. Google had gotten mixed up as well. If you type in "35 Church Road Lytham" you don't always get the correct address, which is what happened to me.

After driving around for ages and calling the accommodation and getting directions we finally got there. We hadn't got to Chester and we had certainly not gone the way we wanted, but we got there, very late.

We were greeted by Andy and Jackie who welcomed us in and gave us a drink while we told them of our horror day on the road. They were very nice people.

They showed us to our room (first door on the left up the stairs) and it was amazing. The room was modern and very comfortable. We both liked the ensuite and the shower was one of the best we have seen. It was an absolute shame that we were only staying here for one night. There was tea and coffee in the rooms and there was free wireless internet.

The next morning was a beautiful day. We went downstairs to the breakfast room and took a seat. The room was absolutely immaculate and modern. Andy is a professional chef so the food was top class. We both had eggs benedict (I had never had it before), it was to die for. Andy can cook, that is for sure!

I would recommend staying here to anyone, the accommodation is top notch and the hosts are very nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple