“Brilliant!”

Howarth House
Preston, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with the Howarth House Hotel. Booked on the last minute we weren't expecting too much but were both really impressed. It has a real homely feel and you just feel at ease as soon as you walk in. The staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you, the bedrooms and communal areas are spotlessly clean and stylishly decorated. Comfy bed and fantastic breakfast. The rooms, although ample were a little on the small side so not sure I would pay the full room rate as we had a discounted price. However I would certainly recommend it to anybody, thank you to Sue and all her staff for a lovely stay.

1 Thank Claire C
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
thankyou so much for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come and stay with us again x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Stoke on Trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband & I spent 3 nights here with our mothers who are both in their 80s. We were all extremely impressed with the warm welcome we received and the stylish decor of the hotel. The rooms are not large, but beautifully decorated and comfortable. We found the storage space to be quite adequate for a short stay. The hotel is in an ideal location - although it is on a main road we heard no noise at all during the night. The staff were welcoming, friendly and very obliging. They recommended good local restaurants, gave us accurate information about public transport and were really helpful in terms of moving my mother to a lower floor after the first night, as she has difficulties climbing stairs, and also getting my mother-in-law's TV fixed promptly. The breakfasts were delicious and offered plenty of choice. It was the first time we had been to Lytham, and if we return we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
thankyou so much for your lovely review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure meeting you all and we look forward to seeing you again soon x
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Me and my fiancé have just returned from a lovely romantic weekend at Howarth House Hotel and would recommend it to all couples!

Upon arrival, we were greeted efficiently by the smiling staff who quickly took our details and showed us to our room, even carrying our cases for us! Our luxury double room was Room 7 which is certainly very luxurious! The room is very tastefully decorated and plenty big enough for a couple. Me and my partner were very impressed with the amount of storage available in the room, especially as most hotels nowadays just provide a hanging rack for clothes. We were impressed to find a big chest of drawers, as well as a decent sized wardrobe. The bathroom did only contain a shower, but it is certainly big enough as a bathroom and again nicely decorated and furnished.

I have just read the below reviews before writing my own and coincidently noticed the below reviewer also stayed in room 7, but had a very different opinion of the room. I can only think this reviewer must live in a very large home if they find this double "small and cluttered". Me and my partner also slept very well in the comfortable bed and we were never disturbed by any noise, especially not from Howarth House itself.

I loved the decoration of the hotel so much, that I asked the manageress Sue about the decoration. Sue happily took the time to talk to me regarding her hotel and how she has decorated it and even told me where she had bought certain items from. I really appreciate the time Sue gave to us and I will definitely be following her advice when re-decorating my own home.

Breakfast in the morning was DELICIOUS! The staff allowed us to take over an hour to eat our breakfast, which was lovely and leisurely. I have found at other hotels breakfast is operated as very much one in, one out and there is no time to enjoy the food, this is not the case at Howarth House. We basically had a three course meal for our breakfast, leaving us so full that we missed out on lunch!

We started with a beautifully presented fruit salad and fruit juice, followed by cereal and a coffee and then one of the best full English breakfasts I have had in a long time. I wish I had known the size of the full English breakfast, as it was very filling and I couldn't finish it due to having two previous courses! My own greedy fault! Also, an important point to make is how nice the coffees were! Each coffee was individually made with proper coffee beans and gorgeous frothy milk, a nice change to nescafe granules!

Thank you so much for the lovely service provided by Sue and her staff! We will definitely be recommending you to all our friends and family and will certainly be returning soon for another weekend break, that doesn't break the bank!!

1 Thank Joanne266
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
thankyou so much for a lovely review it was a pleasure to meet you and i do hope you will come and see us again soon x
Harrogate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked room for one night at Howarth House through a booking site, on confirmation of booking it stated room 1 luxury double. On arrival where shown to room 7 a very small double with only a shower
Room cluttered & to small for all that was in it & as it was at the back of the hotel there was a lot of noise from the hotel next door till after 11pm, not much good when you are a light sleeper.
Breakfast was very chaotic & both orange juice, bacon & sausage where not of the quality expected, mushrooms where burnt & portions small
If you want to be a "boutique" hotel guests expect bigger rooms, baths & better breakfast's

4 Thank P W
lancaster
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I arrived this friday to find sheets a long the carpet. So thought I will give it a chance lady came to the reception no introduction. The room was nice, asked for a taxi to my course and asked for a newspaper for the morning . The same lady replied all the newspapers are on the table in other words not buying me one. The newspapers were the sun and the mail which ive never read in my life. The breakfast was average and waitress service . I have stayed in many 4 star hotels and the womans inter personal skills were bloody awful. And I couldnt wait to go,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank hollyswales
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I am sorry you where disappointed with your stay however on your arrival I apologised to you with regard to the sheets explaining we had just had the carpets cleaned and they were still damp I then showed you to a lovely double room all though you had only booked a single as far as papers are concerned we dont expect any of our customers to find the need to buy any, as our tables in the lounge are laden with all the up to date magazines and papers (TIMES SUN AND MAIL) which I think covers most peoples taste I feel I must responde to your comments about myself and say I found you very abrupt and rude to me on check out I hope next time you visit our area you will find somewhere more to your liking
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed there back in sept 12,but we really enjoyed our stay and the facilities were great.The room was clean and it was good value for money. The apartment was fairly close to blackpool approx 10 mins drive but was close to a nice array of shops and bars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
thankyou for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come again soon
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I wanted to treat my partner to a night away somewhere special for his birthday, so after reading so many positive reviews for Howarth House, I decided to book a night there, and i'm so glad I did!

We arrived to a friendly, welcoming smile from the lady who checked us in, and she showed us to our room. To my delight, we were in room four, which is the room decorated in blue in the photograph. It was very spacious, light, airy and beautifully decorated with luxurious fabrics and furniture. There was not a speck of dust anywhere...absolutely spotless! You can really tell how much pride the owner has, and how much effort has been put into the rooms and public area's of the hotel. The whole place has a romantic feel to it. We felt we were in a luxury country hotel somewhere in the middle of nowhere, rather than in the town centre! The room overlooked the main road, which wasn't a problem at all, noisewise. In fact, we both slept like babies! Shower was fine, contrary to what some other reviewers have said on here.

Breakfast was super delicious! We had cereal, followed by a full English, of which we devoured every last morsel. The lady who did breakfast worked so hard. I'm not entirely sure, but I think she was cooking and waiting on the tables at the same time. Superwoman!

My boyfriend loved the two gorgeous dogs, which I think belonged to the owner of the hotel!

The hotel is literally 2 minutes walk from the main shopping street and eateries. The dark haired lady who checked us in was very informative of where to eat. We eventually settled at Anatolia - a little Turkish restaurant which was one of the best eateries we have ever had the pleasure of dining at.

We can't wait to return to Howarth House, and seeing as it's only an hour's drive from home, hopefully it can be a regular occurence!

Room Tip: Room 4 was beautiful and very comfortable.