“Holly farm cottages”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Front of Honeysuckle and patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Linda F
“Holly farm cottages”
Reviewed June 7, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

I have recently spent several months in the cottages and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The cottages are well equipped and Jenny provided towels, bedding and regularly checked to see if I needed anything. There are also laundry facilities and WiFi / tv and DVD player.
Jenny and her family were welcoming and Jenny herself went out of her way to be helpful, even picking me up from the station on one occasion.
I saw some beautiful sunsets and deep snow! Even though I was working I enjoyed the weekends and spent happy hours walking. Hopefully return for a holiday next time

Mazrat
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great location and dog-friendly”
Reviewed May 31, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

The two cottages are a converted farm building and may have been done some time ago, but they were a good size and well set-out. All the linens and towels were clean and fresh and there was everything to hand in the kitchen - the owner, Jennie, was happy to provide anything extra if we needed it. Phone signals all over Norfolk are a bit patchy, but the WiFi was good and very useful. The sun streams in the windows in the evening and each cottage had its own patio and are not overlooked. If you take dogs be aware that they may share the field and the bit of ground outside the cottages where the parking is. There is a good farm gate to keep them in - just watch out for the pothole up the lane. Hopefully the council will be repairing that soon! We would certainly go back as it was perfect for us and a good base to explore Norfolk.

Jun 2, 2018
Thank you Marian - it was a pleasure to see you and Sue. Your dogs are very well-behaved. I'm very pleased you had the good weather to do so many day trips.
As you say, hopefully the Highways Dept will be repairing the pothole in the road very soon!
I hope your journey home was good.
Will be delighted if you are able to come again.
soapsuds2...
“Dirty,cobwebs,dead spider would not recommend”
Reviewed May 14, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

While the cottage could be a really lovely place and felt very comfortable it was spoilt by th egeneral state of the cottage. As a previous reviewer said the house was dirty, the shower head that someone else said was black was still black. So much so that we didn’t use it also again previously said around the Bath was black. There was a dead spider in clear view in the kitchen when we arrived. Cobwebs everywhere including next to the side of the dishwasher. There are cracks that could easily be fixed between the wall and the ceilings. The whole house needs redecorating to deal with the stains/damp etc on walls. The front door which a previous guest said was rotten and black in parts and which Jennie replied as waiting for a carpenter to put in a new door clearly was untrue as this was an old door. Whilst Jennie was kind enough to accommodate us with our dog which we appreciated we felt like we were constantly being watched. Also we did need to ask some questions by text but Jennie insisted on keep coming round even when we said not too which felt very intrusive. We are used to staying in cottages where you are left alone by the owner but this is certainly not the case here. Whilst it served what we needed it for we would not chose to come back here because of the clear uncleanliness and state of the cottage. It’s a real shame as in the right hands it could be a lovely cottage

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jun 2, 2018
Thank you for your comments which I have acted upon where necessary. I am sorry that I overlooked the shower head through haste when cleaning, but would dispute that one shed spider skin by the extractor fan makes the whole place dirty. It was not. You are mistaken in your comment about the door, since the comment you referred to was about the other cottage and the new door was installed last summer. As I had gone to some trouble to help you with accommodating your dog, I felt poorly repaid by the state the bedding was left in, with all the bed linen covered in dirt and dog hairs. I expect extra cleaning after visitors with a dog, but would not expect the bed linen to be at risk. Your comments about me 'keep coming round' are surprising, as when I responded to your first text about the bed settee and asked your daughter if she needed help, she said yes please. I only received your message about not to call after it was all done. The other texts that I responded to from you were in fact an intrusion for me, since the first time I was in the middle of my evening meal and the second on a Sunday afternoon walk on a warm and sunny day with a friend. On both occasions I stopped what I was doing to attend and help you, only to find that the reason for the radiators being cold was because the cottage had already reached temperature of 25 and 27 degrees respectively. All of this I would have taken as part of my job and made no comment, had you not been so rude about my help and concern for your comfort.
May I also mention that redecoration, which was indeed planned prior to your visit, has already taken place, so the cracks you mentioned are all repaired.
_timnezzy
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed August 13, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I want to start by saying that I stay in around 3 or 4 properties every year and have never written a bad review before but I was so disappointed that I felt compelled. Very poor accommodation. Front door rotten and peeling paint. Rubbish around bins and garden furniture dirty. The rooms had mold and damp on walls. The kitchen was dirty and we had to clean all utensils and crockery before we could use them. The toilet was very dirty all around the base and the shower was moldy and the shower attachment was black with mold. I took my mum here for a much needed break after a bereavement and I felt embarrassed and so disappointed for her. The owners clearly took no care or pride in their property. They really should not be expecting people to part with their money to stay here.

Apr 2, 2018
Hi, I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with your experience last summer. At the time I was seriously ill in hospital awaiting major surgery and I can only apologise if the cleaning did not meet my usual standard. We had purchased a new front door, but were waiting for the carpenter to fit it. Also what may have looked like mould was actually caused by condensation and had also been dealt with by installing a new extractor system, but unfortunately we had not had time to redecorate. I would like to offer you the opportunity to bring your mother back for a free weekend, or if you live too far away for that, an extended 4 day weekend when the weather gets better.
Please do get in touch if you would be willing to take up this offer.
With apologies once again, and all good wishes
Jennie
Reviewed August 7, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jun 2, 2018
Thank you for your review - it was a pleasure to have you staying here.
I hope you will feel able to visit again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing