“Great value for money, very pleasant stay”
Review of Harben House Hotel

Harben House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and after reading some of the reviews wondered what I was in store for. What I got was a very nice surprise , the staff during my stay were fantastic and could not do enough for us , they were all friendly and attentive , especially Rose. The room I had was clean and cosy and the shower was lovely and powerful . The food I chose was tasty and hot , and room service was prompt and served by friendly staff. Thank you for making my stay very pleasant

Stayed: February 2014
Nicky S, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Devere Venues Harben . First and foremost may I thank you for your kind comments, I will send it to all the team ensuring that best practice is shared. Our focus is to always deliver great service our guests.

I will pass you comments onto Rose! I am sure she will be very happy with you feedback.

Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Harben House Hotel

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The room was terrible, really small and pokey and the pillows were really uncomfortable.

Service in the bar while friendly was slow, one person behind the bar is clearly not enough. I had nachos and paid extra for chilli which came in a tiny pot on the side? Random and pointless!

Breakfast the next day was also poor, stale cereal and no fresh banana, again only one server and so failed to receive any hot drink.

I wouldn't rush back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

I have taken on board your comments with regards to the bar service, bedroom experience and quality of the breakfast. I will be speaking to the relevant managers most notably the food and beverage Manager and the Head Housekeeper to ensure your experiences are not repeated.

We are constantly looking at ways to drive customer service forward at De Vere Harben and we take all feedback very seriously and I appreciate your comments as it highlights to us where improvements need to be made.

I hope any future visits will reconfirm your faith in us

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Easy to find near to the M1 junction 14 with plenty of parking and easy access to the hotel.

Free internet access and a bar in the entrance area which was pleasant to use.

Rooms are standard conference type, a little tight but comfortable with a good sized desk and tea/coffee facilities.

It is a bit dated in its decor and equipment but for an overnight stay, not an issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

We hope to see you again soon!
Nicky

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Having driven for 4 hours I was looking forward to relaxing in the hotel, however this would prove to be an impossibility. The reception area looked ok, I was then met by a rabbit warren of corridors. The room itself was a tiny double, stains on the carpet, a toilet which once flushed didn't stop, a cigarette stained shower curtain, an iron that didn't work, inadequate coffee facilities and then a large family of ants in my bed and shower. If this room was £19 per night, this is £19 too much- PLEASE do not book this hotel for any of your staff, as it really gives a very bad impression of your company. I had the displeasure of having to stay here for 2 nights. Even with a room change the ants remained. Painful.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

I have taken on board your comments with regards to our room facilities and experience of Harben, I will be speaking to the relevant managers most notably the Front of House Manager and the Head Housekeeper to ensure your experiences are not repeated.

We are constantly looking at ways to drive customer service forward at Harben and we take all feedback very seriously and I appreciate your comments as it highlights to us where improvements need to be made.

I hope any future visits will reconfirm your faith in us
Nicky

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had booked a double room and what we were given was an absolute disgrace. It was a small single room into which a double bed had been shoe horned in! While my partner was getting dressed for dinner I had to sit on the bed or stand in the corridor as there wasn't enough room for us both to get ready at the same time! Apart from the size the room was very tired looking.
The only reason I am giving it one star is that the staff were fine and the breakfast adequate.
It is extraordinary that the De Vere Group allow there name to be tarnished by having this place as part of their group.
If you have occasion to visit Newport Pagnell I would suggest you find any available alternative to staying here.

Room Tip: Book a room in a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DavidDowling
Asim D, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Harben. First and foremost may I offer my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced. Please let me assure you that this is not indicative of the service we strive to offer our guests.

I have taken on board your comments with regard with regards to the size of your bedroom, the room is Adequate for 1-2 people, the price of our bedrooms is comparabale to hotels in the area and we feel is value for money.

We are currently in the process of making improvements to several areas of the venue, this will be throughout all of 2014.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Upon arriving, the entrance gives an impression of quite a modern interior.
Check in went well but once you enter the maze of corridors you soon realise that it's very dated and in need of a refurb.
Things only get worse upon entering the room, the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel.
The double bed almost touched both walls and the bathroom was from the 70's.
Despite waiting 90 mins for room service the food was actually quite nice but not enough to make me want to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank GM157

I have taken on board your comments with regard with regards to the service on your food. and I will be speaking to the relevant managers most notably the Head chef to ensure your experiences are not repeated.

Hopefully you will return soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Cheapy cheap room, but definitely better than travelodges and premier inns! Nice sleep too, and free coffee machine, its just a shame there's just nothing in the area though. But aside from that a good place just to crash.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Harben.

We are working on a welcome information pack to help guests enjoy the area, there is a local town within 5 min walking distance and central milton keynes is a £6 cab ride or 10 min drive with local buses avliable on the main street next to the hotel.

Hopefully you will come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Pagnell
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14
Swan Revived Hotel
Swan Revived Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newport Pagnell

Been to Harben House Hotel? Share your experiences!