“Excellent value; would stay again”
Review of Harben House Hotel

Harben House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night at the £19 rate. The room was very small as stated by other guests but very clean, quiet and had all the facilities I needed including an excellent power shower. The room was warm but it was not too noisy to open the windows. I did not try the food but there appeared to be a good selection. The staff were friendly and efficient. Excellent value for money at the £19 rate.

Room Tip: I had a room facing on to the enclosed patio which may have accounted for its being quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here a few times, this time got it for £19, have seen it slated before but it's clean, warm has a gym and restaurant will stay again. If I had to pick a fault all I can think of is that it's design is lacking character but this is a business grade hotel near Milton Keynes, it was never going to have oak beams

Room Tip: Cheaper rooms seem to be smallish but still big enough, I found the heating to be a tad warm but I p...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Asim D, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your most recent visit to Harben House and especially thank you for your repeat custom. At De Vere we value loyal customers like yourself and so I am so very pleased you have taken the time to inform us about your enjoyable stay with us. I look forward to hearing about your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Pretty standard really but considering the price it did what it said on the tin. Clean bed linen and bed quite comfortable. Rather noises heating kept me awake. Staff are friendly, I didn't try the food. Wifi free and good performance. As a place to stop on business without spending an arm and a leg this is fine. Will use again but I wouldn't take a partner for a romantic night

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim B

Thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to your recent stay with us at Harben House. You will be glad to hear that the heating noise issues has been solved. I have passed the feed back to my team and they were very pleased to hear psitive feedback about staff. We look forward to welcome you back at Harben House.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have only been here for several hours, and can confirm that this place is excellent value money. I am here on business, so not expecting fine dining and spas! The room, although not modern in all aspects, is clean, warm and comfortable. The facilities in the wider hotel are excellent, and there is free gym, wifi and parking. But most of all, the staff are extremely warm and helpful. At the rate I booked at, this does not pretend to be anything it isn't, but it has already exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aniblax

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your most recent visit to Harben House. I am so very pleased you have taken the time to inform us about your enjoyable stay with us. I look forward to hearing about your next stay with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Absolute bargain - £19 for ensuite small double/large single room with double bed. Came with ample free parking and free wifi. Tea & Coffee making facilities, great flat screen TV, iron, ironing board and hairdryer, and great water pressure from shower with loads of hot water (plus freebee shampoo and body wash) - what more could you ask for? Was travelling alone but could easily have accomodated a couple at a pinch. Food available on site and I believe a swimming pool but didn't use either. Hundred yards down the road there is an M&S shop attached to petrol garage where able to get hot food/alcohol/breakfast. Will definately use again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank CarefullShopper
Asim D, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback with regard to your recent stay with us at De Vere Harben. I cannot express how thrilled we are to read about our guests experiences with us! So thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about your stay at De Vere Harben. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Single rooms only.Just for one overnight stay.
Dirty windows,mouldy paintwork and grey net curtains with stained and worn carpets.Not the greatest first impression you want from a room you are going to stay in overnight but the bed was comfortable and the bedding clean. Bathroom tidy with large towels and toiletries but grubby. You get the feeling that the cleaning staff do not give it their best shot and must do the bear minimum[cups in the coffee tray badly stained with rings around. the inside, came off after using hot water and a bit of muscle]
Free WiFi and Free parking which you do not get at a lot of Travelodge's and and inner city Premier Inns.
De Veer have no imagination with their catering so you will only get a run of the mill expensive burger type meal in the evenings but the breakfast was very good. When will they realise that if they offered better quality food and cheaper drinks they would have that much more business from their guests rather than they go down town to the local pub.
Well trained staff and polite looking after your every need.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your most recent stay at De Vere Harben. I was very disappointed to read that your stay was unsatisfactory and so will my team. The majority of our bedrooms have been refurbished with new carpet with plans in place to upgrade those remaining. Regarding cleanlines of bedrooms i will be talking to house keeping manager and will enusre its repeated again. We are on the process of changing menus and review the prices of the meals. I am glad to hear you were happy with our customer service, our quality of Breakfast! I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Not a bad hotel for a short business stay, rooms are very small and although dated are clean enough. Staff are friendly enough and was actually quite quiet at night. If you want an great meal and a good pint at a great price try the Kings Arms just down the road from the hotel (the goumet burger is a must try and you will not leave hungry.) They do not do food on a Monday but there is a pub with a Chinese restaurant in it opposite, do not let decor etc put you off in the Chinese the food was great.
Did not eat in the hotel but menu looked ok.
At the end of the day this is a business trip hotel and has all you need: bed,tv,kettle and bathroom. If you are looking for a place for a nice weekend away etc. this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Asim D, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding you stay here at Harben House. Glad to here positive comment about our friendly staff. I am sorry to here that you had to go out side the hotel for a meal.Our Restauranr and Bar are open 7 days week and we offer Dinner till 10.00pm. Also we have 24 hours room service menu available. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Pagnell
Swan Revived Hotel
Swan Revived Hotel
#3 of 5 in Newport Pagnell
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes

Been to Harben House Hotel? Share your experiences!