“Amazing scones and Victoria sponge to die for!!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Had an amazing afternoon tea with a groupon voucher , one of the best afternoon tea my husband and myself have had and would highly recommend. Very cozy and welcoming staff . Catered for me with vegetarian fillings , and the homemade scones were so yummy . But the Victoria sponge was the best , just like my nan used to make . Tea was plentiful . Thank you so much for a very lovely afternoon . We will be back .

1  Thank Amanda W
There are newer reviews for Rose and Crown ph and restaurant

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I took my elderly mother for an afternoon tea at this restaurant with a groupon voucher. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and made sure we were comfortable because the pub/restaurant really is quite small. The afternoon tea was excellent. We had a selaction of five different finger sandwiches each made form one slice of granary on the bottom and a white slice on top. The fillings were truely scrumptious! There were two large scones with real clotted cream and home made preserve and a selection of home made cakes.
We also looked at the lunch menu and next time we will be back for lunch!
They have a jazz evening on a Sunday and a quiz evening in the week

1  Thank K3ntishmaid