“Still Waiting!”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We attended a lovely wedding over the Easter weekend at the Holiday Inn. Every aspect of the wedding was perfect. The food, the service, the venue, were all of a very high standard.

However on returning to our room at 11pm - after a very long and happily exhausting day - we found that another wedding reception was continuing very, very close to our room. Just a few meters away, across a small court yard we had music blaring. It was just people enjoying themselves, I understand that, but why have guest rooms so close to such loud noise? I am talking just a few meters away!! The music went on until about 1.15am and we just had to wait until it stopped. This was not good value for money and had we known the deal, we would have driven home.

I filled out a survey expressing my concerns and asked to be contacted by the hotel - that was a month ago and as yet, no one has called - that is extremely disappointing. I do appreciate that this was a Saturday night and obviously, things would be different during the week, but it would've been good PR if someone had taken the time to call me as requested.

I will not use the Holiday Inn again and feel let down and not particularly valued, by this large international company.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank katrat62
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear katrat62,

Firstly, thank you for your kind comments in relation to the wedding you attended here with us at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. We are delighted you had a great time and I have shared your positive comments with the team here at the hotel.

However, I am disappointed to hear that part of your experience let the overall stay down, I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies. I have addressed these issues with the team here at the hotel in order to improve our experience for future guests.

I would like to thank you for taking your time to raise the issues you encountered with us, I am sorry that no-one has taken the time to get back to you. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on events.himiltonkeynes@kewgreen.co.uk.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Arrived late - walked through an unlocked side entrance and all through the hotel without seeing a single member of staff.
The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and lumpy - was two singles pushed together with a very uncomfortable ridge down the middle.
When I mentioned on checkout that I had specifically booked a king size room and that it was 2 singles pushed together I was informed this is Holiday Inn policy!
Won't be returning

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor experience you had. I have addressed these issues with the team here at the hotel in order to improve our product for future guests.

If you would like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to get in contact with myself on gm.himiltonkeynes@kewgreen.co.uk.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding reception at hotel and stayed overnight. Both were excellent in terms of catering quality, helpful service from staff and comfortable bedroom (also quiet!). The outdoor courtyard was also very pleasant. Recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

We are delighted you had a great time. I have shared your positive comments with the team here at the hotel.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had our wedding at the hotel and it went as smoothly as I would have wished. From the time we booked last year until the day itself (and beyond) we received friendly, courteous and efficient service. Sadhana was so helpful and really helped the day go smoothly Everything was as it should be and nothing was too much trouble when we asked. The ceremony room looked lovely and the pillars restaurant was perfect for our reception and the tables looked lovely. There was a second wedding after ours but it had no impact at all on our wedding or the service we received. We had a few of our guest also staying at the hotel and everyone seemed to be happy with their rooms. Breakfast was good and we had tables reserved for the morning which made everything easier. We had lots of positive comments from our guests about our day. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

We are all delighted here at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East that the team here were able to contribute to your special day in such a positive way. Sadhana and her team great pride in what they do and I am delighted that this shone through.
Please accept my best wishes for the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed for two night while attending a wedding this weekend, 24th/25th April!

From the the moment we checked in everything was good, checking in went smoothly, our room was clean and comfortable! On the Thursday evening we ate in the bar and the food exceeded our expectations.

The weeding itself went well as far a we could tell being guests. There was another wedding on at the same day but you would have never have known.

We left the bar just before 4 am and I would like to add the bar staff were all attentive even produced a cheese and pickle sandwich for one of our party with a smile!

Value you for money

All in all we have a greqt stay and would come back when visiting family that live in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

We are delighted that you had a great time attending the wedding you were a guest at. We take great pride in our customer service and I am delighted that you felt you were well looked after.

I hope to see you return in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My daughter had her wedding day here on Saturday 19th April and I could not have wished for better sevice from the friendly staff, Shadona was so helpful and put us all at our ease,We have had such lovely comments from our wedding guests,and some had traveled from overseas, the day and evening went so well I would like to do it all over again :-))

Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Sharon G,

We are all delighted here at the hotel that we contributed to your daughter's day in such a special way. I have shared your comments and passed your thanks on to Sadhana - who I am delighted looked after you all in such a memorable way.

Please pass our good luck wishes on to your daughter and new Son-In -Law.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Well what can I say apart from the fact that I had my wedding here last week I couldn't of asked for anything more the rooms the staff the dj the food the set up of my wedding the friendliness was everything I had hoped for and a whole lot more the staff and managers were fantastic the children enjoyed being able to run around with no one moaning and the staff do absolutely everything for you I wouldn't of changed a thing and the beds are Hugh and the breakfast is the best I've had so so much choice and the price is defiantly the best for everything you get the lady arranging it all the manager sadhana was there buy my side all day and night making sure everything was perfect I couldn't be happier x thank u Holliday in for making my wedding perfect x

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Bevbat,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your special day with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel. We pride ourselves on what we offer on occasions such as weddings and I am delighted that we pleased you in every way.

We wish you both all the very best for the future and hope to see you return to celebrate your first anniversary!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Pagnell
#3 of 35 in Milton Keynes
Novotel Milton Keynes
Novotel Milton Keynes
#8 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14? Share your experiences!