“Without a hitch”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
London, United Kingdom
“Without a hitch”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed for two night while attending a wedding this weekend, 24th/25th April!

From the the moment we checked in everything was good, checking in went smoothly, our room was clean and comfortable! On the Thursday evening we ate in the bar and the food exceeded our expectations.

The weeding itself went well as far a we could tell being guests. There was another wedding on at the same day but you would have never have known.

We left the bar just before 4 am and I would like to add the bar staff were all attentive even produced a cheese and pickle sandwich for one of our party with a smile!

Value you for money

All in all we have a greqt stay and would come back when visiting family that live in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

We are delighted that you had a great time attending the wedding you were a guest at. We take great pride in our customer service and I am delighted that you felt you were well looked after.

I hope to see you return in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My daughter had her wedding day here on Saturday 19th April and I could not have wished for better sevice from the friendly staff, Shadona was so helpful and put us all at our ease,We have had such lovely comments from our wedding guests,and some had traveled from overseas, the day and evening went so well I would like to do it all over again :-))

Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Sharon G,

We are all delighted here at the hotel that we contributed to your daughter's day in such a special way. I have shared your comments and passed your thanks on to Sadhana - who I am delighted looked after you all in such a memorable way.

Please pass our good luck wishes on to your daughter and new Son-In -Law.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Well what can I say apart from the fact that I had my wedding here last week I couldn't of asked for anything more the rooms the staff the dj the food the set up of my wedding the friendliness was everything I had hoped for and a whole lot more the staff and managers were fantastic the children enjoyed being able to run around with no one moaning and the staff do absolutely everything for you I wouldn't of changed a thing and the beds are Hugh and the breakfast is the best I've had so so much choice and the price is defiantly the best for everything you get the lady arranging it all the manager sadhana was there buy my side all day and night making sure everything was perfect I couldn't be happier x thank u Holliday in for making my wedding perfect x

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Bevbat,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your special day with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel. We pride ourselves on what we offer on occasions such as weddings and I am delighted that we pleased you in every way.

We wish you both all the very best for the future and hope to see you return to celebrate your first anniversary!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Having visited the hotel on 2 previous occasions for friends weddings, it was definitely the perfect place for mine. We had the wonderful Laura as our co-ordinator, along with Jessica, and both ladies were amazing. They genuinely could not do enough for us, and they helped make our planning a whole lot easier.

I arrived on the Friday before my wedding, with my 5 years old daughter to a very warm welcome and the lovely Scottish lady on reception even made a phone call to my husband-to-be's cousin, to let her know we had arrived and what room we were in, so that we could have a catch up before my family and friends arrived later that day.

The wonderful Shadhana - who truly deserves the praise she has in previous reviews - was THE person who ensured that my whole day ran smoothly, that both my fiancee and I had everything we needed and that as our wedding day went on, we were happy how it was going. Thank you Shadhana, you really were my wedding day angel.

The food was fabulous too -actually even better than when we had our tasting - and all our guests were impressed with how piping hot and delicious it was and the variety of yummy food in the evening buffet was also a big talking point.

There was so much choice for breakfast, and we managed to catch up with everyone the morning after, who complimented the comfy beds and quietness of the hotel.

All in all I had 120 very happy guests and a wedding day I can look back on with fabulous memories.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie,

We are delighted that we could contribute to your special day in such a wonderful way. I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel, specifically with Sadhana, Laura and Jess - and they thank you for your kind words.
We wish you all the very best for the future.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We attended a wedding reception here last Saturday and had decided to stay at the hotel for one night too. The day went well, though I heard mutterings about the cheesecake which seemed rather to be a mousse on a biscuit base. The rest of the food seemed good, including the buffet food in the evening.
Our room was nice with evidence of modernisation, such as a large flat screen TV and new furniture. The king-sized bed was clearly two singles fixed together and was reasonably comfortable. The window looked out on to the eponymous courtyard and gave a quiet night’s sleep even with the window open. The TV however did its best to ruin the night turning itself on to the menu page, illuminating the whole room in the early hours.
The bathroom had not changed probably since the day it was built and looked very tired, with the temperature colour indicators on the shower being completely missing revealing the workings inside. It was however clean and all worked well.
Next morning we left our room at about 9:30 for breakfast to be greeted with cleaning trollies and laundry bags dotted down the corridor – not a great look that early in the day.
Breakfast was a buffet in the restaurant and was very good with 2 varieties of bacon – back and streaky, with plenty of other cooked and cold fare to make a very nice breakfast.
Generally the hotel is looking tired, some new paint and new carpets wouldn’t go amiss.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.
Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced in your visit. I have reviewed these with the team here in order to improve. I am pleased however, that you had a great time at the wedding you attended and that the food that we offer was to your liking.
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a lot in the past few years - whilst the accommodation has improved this hotel is tired. It's the housekeeping staff that really let the place down though - many times I've stayed here they arrive at 6am and start the high volume conversation, door banging and general loud noise - they would do well to learn some basic manners and respect!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob H
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Rob, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies that your sleep was disturbed by our housekeeping team commencing their daily duties. After speaking to you in the morning in question I have addressed these issues with the team here at the hotel and put new practices into place to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I am pleased however, that you feel our accommodation facilities have improved over the last year or so. I sincerely hope that this recent experience does not deter you from returning in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Newport Pagnell hotels

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went to The Holiday Inn, Newport Pagnell last night for a social function. The bar drinks were fiendishly expensive; the service was random to say the least and the food - well, never mind the quality - feel the width !! The starter was minimal - nicely presented but not a lot. The main course was plated - and about 10 minutes later, the vegetables arrived (no potatoes). The dessert was bought-in ! Not somewhere I would recommend or visit again !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CWyatt208
Lizzie Q, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Cwyatt208,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes- East.

I am sorry to hear that you feel the food quality and service you received during your visit was not up to standard. I will share the comments you have made with my team and ensure that these are actioned accordingly.

We are an extremely popular wedding venue and generally receive excellent feedback on both our food and the outstanding service our staff provide.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments which will help us to continue to improve the hotel and service that we offer.

Kind regards

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Ramada Milton Keynes
Ramada Milton Keynes
#3 of 5 in Newport Pagnell

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14? Share your experiences!