We have visited the Old Court numerous times over the last couple of years and putting it simply the food quality is going downhill, judging by the reviews on tripadvisor our experience isn't unique. We decided to give the Old Court another go after a previous poor experience, but again we were disappointed to the point where this time we felt the need to complain.
Now, if a customer complains, then surely something must be wrong! Not according to the Old Court management. It seems as though they have a stock response explaining that the food is butchered, baked, prepared on site and poor quality is impossible. Obviously they are so convinced with their standards that they didn't even take the time to look at the food on our plate!!!
No doubt I expect there to be a response from management under this review as per all negative comments, but can I simply highlight the following
- Yes you were renowned for good food, but those perceptions seem to be changing
- If someone complains, at least make the effort to understand why and simply do not dismiss it
- If you have a policy to exchange food, then make all your staff aware. This cannot be used as an excuse on this occasion as we spoke to the manager or assistant manager
- Just because food is butchered, baked, prepared on site, things can go wrong
- The argument we tried it on the day and it was fine, doesn't hold. A complaint was made
- We enjoy the location, and garden so therefore this wouldn't reflect on how we perceive the food. I only put this in here after reading one of your previous management responses saying "In relation to the food, you were not going to enjoy your meal if you did not like where you were sitting." Crazy.
Please, please, please take as much time addressing the concerns of your customers when they complain on the day as you seem to do by responding to negative comments online.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Old Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Court Hotel
- The Old Court Hotel Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire