Open today: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent Maze - We did get lost!

Reviewed June 11, 2018
Dyetiz
England, United Kingdom
Lovely staff, good fun, educational

Reviewed June 3, 2018
ali_tabari
Birmingham, United Kingdom

All reviews mini golf great fun two brothers his brother play games buy tickets hide and seek indoor picnic area other attractions value for money butterfly house great place to visit whole family all ages couple of hours mazes puzzles
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Parking scam that is well documented by other reviewers. Maze itself was very poor and full of screaming school kids. There is so much good stuff to do in the area that won't scam you on the parking that I would give this place a very wide berth if I were visiting monmouth area.

1  Thank JJL99
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Very old and run down, only the butterfly zoo and maze open. Maze takes all of 2 minutes to complete. It takes longer for the "brother" to explain the history of the maze and make you think, what a lovely family owned and operated place it is, only to discover, that they are obviously making vast sums of money from the car park! *Beware* you are filmed entering and leaving the car park. I paid £3 for parking. No expiry time, only entry time on the ticket. I received a letter 7 days after visiting demanding money from ParkingEye. Owners refuse to speak or reply to you about this matter. For what the parking ticket has cost, I could have had a wonderful day at a superior attraction, for this I shall never return.

2  Thank Gemma G
Reviewed September 4, 2018

The maze itself is okay. It's small but well kept.
Unfortunately any fun we had was ruined by a £100 parking fine even though we bought a valid parking ticket.

3  Thank Louise H
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Nice attraction but let hugely down by parking which is a shame. Won’t be returning back till this scam is removed from its car park.

3  Thank andylambert2009
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Maze is impressive and fun - however overstay your welcome by 30 seconds and you will be £100 out of pocket. AVOID

3  Thank markjones97
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We visited as a family of 6 adults and 2 young children. We split off in pairs and all went in different directions. A couple of us did get lost in the maze which was quite amusing, kept the children occupied. Would definitely recommend a visit!

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Built by enthusiasts and they explain the history of mazes as well as this one. Good exhibits you can have a go on at any level from brainteaser to simple puzzles. Enjoy

1  Thank TerryK734
Reviewed June 18, 2018

This is not a big attraction, but my 5 out of 5 rates this as an excellent little attraction. I wouldn't go out of my way to go here, but if you're nearby or even just driving down the road to or from South Wales this is worth a stop.

Pay for your parking, but get the partial refund when you buy tickets. Enjoy the interesting range of products in the gift shop, many more interesting than just the cheap bits of plastic I associate with such places, some good books and puzzles; in with the maze theme.

At the maze entrance you are greeted by one of the two brothers who founded the attraction, they make it fun and ENCOURAGE you to have fun! play games in the maze, run, hide, shout instructions from the observation platform, just ENJOY it!

On a hot day with kids we had loads of fun running around, and it's large enough that if other people are running, or walking, around you can get by. It's not the hardest maze in the world, my 12 year old systematically worked it out, but my 7 year old couldn't.

There are other attractions, butterfly world and mini golf, but we just did the maze and enjoyed an ice cream. We went away very happy with what we had for what we paid.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

This is one of the best Maze's I've been to, we went as a family of 7 adults, 2 young children. We all went different directions, and a few of us did get lost & were going round in circles!
It's a great maze, and we had really good fun running around it trying to find our way - playing peek-a-boo with the children. The Creator gave us a very in depth talk about the maze and it was lovely to hear from the man that made it with his Brother.
One improvement would be that the information on mazes when you get to the centre is a little dated, but we did go during term time so this might be why.
All-in-all we thoroughly enjoyed it & would definitely return if in the area again.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

A really fun maze for young kids, though teenagers might crack it just a bit too quickly! The staff are really friendly, and There's a really interesting educational bit at the end for everyone to read, listen to, and some olde worlde puzzles you can try your hand at. While you are seeing the butterflies, you may as well have a go at this too!