“Medieval battlefield tour Azincourt & Crecy”

In The Footsteps Battlefield Tours
Ranked #3 of 32 things to do in Ross-on-Wye
More attraction details
Owner description: Follow in the footsteps of Heroes! with In the footsteps Battlefield Tours. Our top quality service can be tailored to suit your every need. Let our experts guide you around the battlefields telling you the stories of heroes, showing you the places where they fought and giving you an understanding of what the officers and men who fought the battles went through. A tour with us will leave you with memories that will last forever.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My tour guide Ian Gumm duly met me in Lille and escorted me to view the medieval battlefields of Azincourt and Crecy, also included in my tour was a visit to Rouen, Harfleur and Honfluer. Nothing was too much trouble for Ian who wanted to ensure my tour was a success. I got the full tour of medieval Rouen which was a bonus and the same in Honfleur, which comes recommended. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip with In the Footsteps battlefield tours and can recommend them. I will be using them again for the Azincourt anniversary in 2015.

There are newer reviews for In The Footsteps Battlefield Tours

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Family and I were looking for a quick tour of Vimy while in France for a short while. We booked with these guys (they're great!).The tour we got was affordable for the four of us, and we saw all that we wanted to see. The guide was knowledgable and knew where to take us. Other than the fact Vimy itself is amazing and inspiring, we had a great time. It was great that we were able to fit in this tour, if you book in advance, they are very flexible!

1  Thank dgara
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Excellent one day private tour for my brother and myself, lead by our guide Jon which took us to many important sites for the battle of the Somme and gave us a very useful introduction to make our own further visit the next day. In fact we saw Jon again at Vimy Ridge the following day and he very kindly took the time to give us a few more pointers. I would thoroughly recommend this tour company.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Four descendants of a combatant (two grandsons and two great grandchildren) were driven to, and hiked around, fifteen sites which were relevant to our combatant's participation in the AEF St. Mihiel operations in 1918 and which were put in context by our personable and knowledgeable In the Footsteps guide Jon Haslock. Jon had used our known information about the specific AEF unit to locate probable areas where our combatant would have served and we were able to walk and reflect there. Jon was particularly helpful with background information (geopolitical, military) for a group comprised of varied ages and comprehension about the events and military operations of 1914-18. The extensive dialogue with Jo and Jon before the tour yielded a busy but effective itinerary for our one day on site. We were picked up and dropped off a the closest TGV station and lost little time in transit. The tour was a powerful experience provided by a first class operation.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

It is always tempting to try and "do it yourself" in many touring circumstances. That is doable in an area like Verdun, but not the Ypres Salient and the Somme and other sites of two of the important battles of The Great War, I recommend not trying. I chose In the Footsteps due to their prompt response to my initial inquiry and the itineraries they offered. Additionally, Jo and, later, our guide were not annoyed at my many questions after our initial exchange of emails Our guide, Iain McHenry, is an expert in those areas, is involved heavily in archaeology there and is a number one good guy. He can and will, if given the time, show you much more than you could ever glean on your own. In addition to the tour, he helped me tremendously with a personal issue I had. In The Footsteps gets my highest recommendation. You cannot go wrong with these nice people.

1  Thank OldsoldierLilburn_GA