“Country Spa”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Wye Valley Spa

Wye Valley Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Wye Valley Spa is a ladies only sanctuary - set in an exquisite, private location in an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the heart of the Wye Valley. We offer professional treatments, luxurious facilities, excellent food, cozy accommodation, friendly staff and an attractive price structure.Our facilities include hot tub, Jacuzzi®, sauna, steam room, outdoor swimming pool and Roman room. Plus, six dedicated rooms for relaxation, therapies and treatments.Fully licensed for dancing, dining, drinking and music.With bar and bistro for enjoying food, drinks and alcohol from an extensive menu - either inside on snug winter days or al fresco on the pool-side in the summer sunshine.This sanctuary is for ladies who wish to experience relaxation like no other - either in the inner sanctum clearing your head of all stress, tucked up in the cozy clubroom reading a magazine of your choice or maybe outside in hot tub soaking up the amazing atmosphere and views.
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Country Spa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went with two friends as a Birthday treat and really relaxed in the beautiful surroundings...which you would never get in the middle of a big city. We sat back in the hot tub enjoying the view. The staff were friendly and my treatments good.
I especially enjoyed the facial treatment from a young lady on her first day working there, who was very professional with a lovely manner.

Visited July 2013

Leominster, United Kingdom
“Relaxing day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just had a very relaxing day with some friends at the spa. Very helpful and friendly staff with nothing too much trouble. My treatments were lovely. Will definitely return with more friends! Thank you for a wonderful day that went too fast.

Visited July 2013
Birmingham, UK
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Hen do spa day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I visited the spa with 4 of my girlfriends to celebrate my Hen Do. We got a little lost on the way but once there, it was out in the middle of nowhere which was very nice, made a pleasant change! We all were treated to a cocktail and got changed into comfy black robes and we chilled out on comfy sofas. The treatments were lovely, I ached so much the day after but it was very worthwile. The facilities are lovely, the hot tub and jacuzzi were great, peaceful and the views were so pretty. We all lost track of time but we were all so relaxed at the end of the day, we struggled to stay awake!!
Thank you for making my hen do as relaxed as I wanted it, just what I needed!!

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not as expected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

It is unfortunate that I feel the need to write a bad review. This spa day was booked to celebrate a friends birthday and it was a day to remember but for the wrong reasons. The converted house, come "spa" is in desperate need of being brought into the 21st century, it's all very well claiming to be different but when your style is so very individual you're not going to appeal to a mass market and it is not the image you would expect in a spa.

On arrival we were shown to the changing area, which is very small, two very small changing cubicles with a sheer curtain, the area also acts as the main walkthrough from the outdoor area.

To be fair to the girls doing the treatments my manicure and facial was fine, however the organisation of the appointments for everyone there on this day was very disjointed. The foot massage machine was not my cup of tea.

We were not offered the choice of a cocktail on arrival, which was one of the options on our voucher. Our lunch seemed to be frozen oven food, which for £9 was well over priced, as were the drinks. As much as I would have loved a glass of water, following my friend telling me she had just seen the jugs being filled in the shower (!) I daren't go near them. The swimming pool did not seem inviting so we avoided that! The first hot tub seemed to have murky water so we moved to another one where unfortunaly we were barked at by dogs.

I'm sorry Stella but I felt really let down by this day and the experience at the spa. You seem to defend the establishment vigorously but can you not see that with a some tweaks to deal with the problems that all seem to be the same things mentioned in these bad comments this place could be a little gem in a beautiful setting. As it is you deny that any of of these criticisms are acurate when really you should be using them to improve the spa. Currently the whole place does feel a little grubby and down market.

Overall a dissapointing day and I would not recommend to a friend.

1 Thank Familygirl309
StellaMitchell, Manager at Wye Valley Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
The style of Wye Valley Spa & Club Cats is architect designed and versatile to meet the needs of this exciting new enterprise. It is and never has been ‘someone’s house’.

We do not expect to delight everyone, especially those looking for a stereotypical ‘leisure centre’ layout, which we have deliberately avoided!

The lady is entitled to her opinion and we would have been delighted to discuss our hopes and design aspirations with her and to have explained why we have no desire to be 21st century but just UNIQUELY Wye Valley Spa & Club Cats; caring and professional. Oh, and finally for the aficionados the FREE cocktail is usually a Woo Woo Just Wanna… our very own specialty. So why not visit us to enjoy this oasis in the wonderful Wye Valley?
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Faulty Towers have opened a Spa !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Dirty , shabby, cluttered & a very overdue refurbishment .

I think the food was purchased from a 'value range ' from the local supermarket .

Only positive thing about the day was the weather .

I did not find a guest who had a positive thing to say & they all would NOT return .

Do not drink from the water jugs, as they fill the water from the shower .

1 Thank Khotep
Faulty Towers was a fantastically successful series and so too is the Wye Valley Spa & Club Cats; a unique, alfresco, ladies only spa and sanctuary!

Most people truly appreciate the outstanding, professional service provided by the ubiquitous beauty therapists who delight in providing for the demands and needs of welcomed guests many of whom are repeat clients invited to join the very special Just Wanna... club because they too are nice, honest people not at all vindictive or vexatious.

We are pleased to take this opportunity to herald the much acclaimed ‘roof top dining and reclining area’ where guests are invited to 'wine and dine' or just recline. See our website for illustrations.