“Don't Believe Everything You Read, Great Spa!”
Review of Wye Valley Spa

Wye Valley Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Wye Valley Spa is a ladies only sanctuary - set in an exquisite, private location in an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the heart of the Wye Valley. We offer professional treatments, luxurious facilities, excellent food, cozy accommodation, friendly staff and an attractive price structure.Our facilities include hot tub, Jacuzzi®, sauna, steam room, outdoor swimming pool and Roman room. Plus, six dedicated rooms for relaxation, therapies and treatments.Fully licensed for dancing, dining, drinking and music.With bar and bistro for enjoying food, drinks and alcohol from an extensive menu - either inside on snug winter days or al fresco on the pool-side in the summer sunshine.This sanctuary is for ladies who wish to experience relaxation like no other - either in the inner sanctum clearing your head of all stress, tucked up in the cozy clubroom reading a magazine of your choice or maybe outside in hot tub soaking up the amazing atmosphere and views.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have just spent the day at this spa and felt compelled to write this review. I cannot understand for the life of me why the awful, scathing remarks were made about this spa.

I spent the day there with my mum today and felt wholly looked after, cared for and like a regular (which I wasn't but will be from now on). Every member of staff was equally as good as the other, my mum and I had a massage, facial and shellac nails and reflexology and rated each and every treatment. How people can say the place is dirty is beyond me, neither of us spotted an inch of dirt (and trust me, after the comments we read, we looked). The robes were perfect, clean and fresh. The hot tub was amazing, and the temperature was perfect, and we were shown how to adjust it if we needed.

On arrival we had coffee and cake and that was fantastic, lunch was good, panini and chips for me and salmon and salad for my mum. Clean & empty plates went back.

It was a lovely day, not a single negative from either of us but from talking to Stella and the staff, I know If we had a problem it would have been sorted there and then. We could have spent much longer here and didn't want to leave, that says a lot!

Don't be put off by peoples negativity, try the place and you will be pleasantly surprised. I will definitely be going back and would recommend it to friends, family, colleagues and strangers in a heartbeat!

Well done Stella and family for a fantastic hideaway x

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"birthday treat"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 25, 2012

It's a year since I visited this spa with a friend and we still talk about how awful it was. Seeing a sold out travel zoo deal has prompted me to try and save others from wasting their money. Despite Stella's standard denial, all the negative comments are true. The (black) robes were not washed - they smelt strongly of some one else's perfume. The showers were disgusting and dirty, the sink is plastic - in fact everything is plastic - except the many mirrors which made it feel like a theme park horror house. thr relaxation suite is a joke - its like a a upvc clad garage. We went on a ladies day and there were lots of older male guests wandering around (some peering The two positves I would give was to Clare who gave me a great massage and was really friendly and the stunning view from the jacuzzi - but in November this involves a cold walk in your robe to get there.
If this place is passes the regulations then it doesn't say much for the Environmental Health Dept.

3  Thank shelovestoeat
StellaMitchell, Manager at Wye Valley Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Comments or complaints made during a stay can be addressed and resolved, however none were made by the reviewer during her stay in this very recently totally refurbished accommodation.

We are regulated and checked for standards both by the authorities and the businesses whose products we promote.

It is not in the business’ best interests to provide sub standard products or services, so we don’t. All towels, robes, bedding, soft furnishings, etc. are clean when given to the customer. If a robe or towel becomes dirty during the day we replace it instantly. This has never been necessary or requested.

View the website for photographs of pristine facilities including the uniqueness and panache of the Penguin Café. Photographs are take regularly and the website is updated in a weekly basis.

All feedback is positive if it helps us to provide a better service, all our staff are highly qualified and we are grateful for your positive comment.

Finally, Wye Valley Spa is a ladies only sanctuary.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I spent a day at Wye Valley Spa, which was a birthday treat. It was a very relaxing day and Stella and her staff were welcoming and very kind to the 4 of us in our party. This is not a traditional spa, it has the personal touch with an emphasis on the individual, all very professional. I will definitely be back as it was an exceptionally relaxing day. Everything about being at the spa was easy and I have fond memories of the day. The scenery is amazing.
Thanks again

Reviewed October 11, 2012

me and my friend lynda have just spent the day at the spa wehave had awonderful day been well looked after by stella and her girls we cannot fault any of it so peaceful far better than these big ones the spa was spotless food was fantastic we are going back next month the only downside was the road was closed at goodrich and had to do a detour but that was not the spas fault keep up the good work girls see you next month sue@lynda