“Excellent - Peaceful and Relaxing - All you can hear are the birds”

Wilton Court Restaurant with Rooms
Ranked #1 of 43 Ross-on-Wye B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent the weekend at Wilton Court. From start to finish our stay was excellent, a very warm friendly welcome, the Front of House Manager was great and very helpful with suggestions of what was available locally. The barman was lovely. Dinner was excellent, particularly the Cheese Board - a lovely selection of local cheeses. Every detail was covered. Excellent in every possible way. I will look forward to going back, but in the meantime I am going to email them for the recipe for their Tomato Chutney and the Homemade Marmalade, both the best I have ever had. Thank you Wilton Court for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Room 9 - Family Room in the Attic - Beautifully decorated
1  Thank TFF5808
RogerWynn, Helen Wynn- Co owner at Wilton Court Restaurant with Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and we were delighted that you enjoyed your weekend at Wilton Court , We will forward you the recipes for both the homemade marmalade and tomato chutney and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights on business along with 9 overseas clients. The staff were very helpful and attentive to the needs of my clients. The chef provided dishes to suit my clients tastes, I ate from the standard menu and every meal I had was high quality.

Breakfast is great, The Wilton uses locally sourced ingredients.

The Wilton has its own garden area or take a few steps outside to the bank of the river Wye. The rooms at the hotel are comfortable and well appointed, the building is 500 years old and has bags of character. I loved the peaceful atmosphere and to hear the morning chorus of birdsong in the morning was a great change from noise of the city. Helen and Tony's experience working in high end international hotels clearly influences how they run The Wilton Court, quality shines through. Looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Book early it's popular
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EODUK
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My sister from abroad and her daughter joined me for a little trip through the English countryside. We spent three nights at Wilton Court and thought that not only the service but the food was outstanding. From front desk to personalised details we feel that there was that special touch of an owner run property. We all three recommend Wilton Court highly.

Room Tip: I was told that the rooms overlooking the river were best but our (not overlooking river) were just...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Perfect spot right on the river Wye with interesting artefacts in a lovely stone building full of character. Would not have gone except for a Wowcher voucher but it was really excellent. We had the last available room which may account for its very small size. Room 6 felt cramped but the decoration, finishing touches and service were excellent. Nice quality bed linen but a pity the mattress felt like a brick!

Food quality, presentation and cooking was superb. The best steak I have ever eaten - and I am a fussy steak-eater. Tender, moist, flavoursome and yet with no blood!

Staff were friendly and helpful but managed to tread the perfect line of perfect politeness with warmth. Many places fail and go too far one way or the other.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay because other things made up for the size of room and bad sleep. Certainly not cheap but they say you get what you pay for - thanks Wowcher!

Room Tip: Not room 6
2  Thank JABKingsBromley
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've never stayed any hotel out of Central London and made a trip to try this 500 years+ hotel as highly recommended. It's a 2-hour train ride from Paddington to Gloucester Station where I made a tourist stop to view the Gloucster Cathedral...Harry Porter was filmed there.. WOW ! Another 30-min car ride, I arrived Wilton Court located by the Wye River. Each of the 10 enchanted bedrooms has individual decoration...very warm and cosy! Their signature restaurant - Mulberry has been awarded as "Restuarant of the Year". The food is truly amazing ....a great surprise! What more, there are other great spots within the proximity that you can explore ie Goodrich Castle, Symond Yat, MonMounth.

What I love and hate so much of my stay is that I woke up by bird sing every morning... what a great nature ! It's definitely a great stop to extend your London city trip to chill and also it's so convenient to Heathrow by train.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms, bar, restaurant, location and staff were excellent, you will not be disappointed. The owners are available and can help with local knowledge. Ross-on-Wye is an ideal place for a quite weekend away and Wilton Court is 10mins walk out of the town.

Room Tip: River views are excellent
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I took my husband there for his birthday, it was a beautiful hotel as described online. The reception we got was amazing. She offered to take are bags for us ( not that my husband would let her). Once she showed us to our room she offered tea and biscuits. The room was stunning with a lovely view over the gardens. The food was amazing and plenty of it. The serving staff were knowledgable of the food and choices of wine. The bed was sooo comfy and the hotel was very quite. The room was quite hot tho. In the morning we has such a wonderful breakfast and once again there was so much you would never be hungry. Fab, fab, fab.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple