“Great Premier Inn would recommend” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Ross-On-Wye Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Ross-on-Wye
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Great Premier Inn would recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here on Aug 28th as we had been visiting family in Cardiff and where then going to the Monmouth Show. Stayed in Family room which was excellent it accommodated my sister and I, my 5 yr old son, 4mth old daughter and 9 yr old niece. The cot looked brand new and two blankets were provided for the baby. The room was a little warm as they don't have air conditioning but fans were provided which were great. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Calpe12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are a family of four, two adults, a twelve year old and an eight year old. We stayed for three nights in a family room, purchasing the breakfast option. The room was very good, spotlessly clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable, exactly what we have come to expect from a Premier Inn. In addition, the reception staff were very good, suggesting interesting places to visit locally and providing A4 fact sheets with directions, which I thought was excellent.
Breakfast was of good quality, served by friendly staff, overall, we continue to be very happy booking Premier Inns for our family stay.

Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Hotel was good with friendly service and they provided additional bedding when second child's bed found uncomfortable. The linked restaurant was not so good for both dinner & surprisingly breakfast. Believe that lack of staff was the underlying problem.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My first stay at a "premier". On arrival I found reception extremely helpful , and my allocated room to be pleasant, v good décor, large and very welcoming. Nice large bed as advertised, I did not get the " good nights sleep guaranteed" but I hasten to add this was due to a "off day" medically speaking. I missed out on a bargain £29 a night offer my fault again I paid £51+ £8-25 each for brekky at the "beefeater" which in my opinion was good. To sum up I would use premier inns again without hesitation. If I have to criticise something, although there were two fans in the room air con would be preferable.

Room Tip: all rooms I understand more or less identical. On advice choose a room at the rear in summer, gets h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We very rarely book hotels and generally, if there is a need to, we would avoid the likes of premier inns, due mainly to past experiences of noisy guests. However, we needed to break up our holiday journey home and Ross-on-Wye was an ideal location. We were pleasantly surprised at the improvements since our last stay at such an establishment. The standard of the rooms was excellent and even fans were provided. The beds were comfortable, the rooms clean and spacious and the night was unbelievably quiet. The staff we encountered were all friendly and polite, the service was fine and it turned out to be a much better experience than we were anticipating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Crowborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We use Premier Inns all the time when we go away & this is the usual high standard so although I have rated it as "average" that should not put you off but it has no extra's to make us rush back there...compared with the some others we have stayed at recently (Chester City Centre).
The rooms were large and quiet, they had no air conditioning but 2 fans in each room (not a problem to us this time). The staff were efficient and polite. We were not expecting to have to "go outside" to the restaurant for Diner and even breakfast so be warned about that - no internal access as we have experienced elsewhere. The restaurant was VERY busy & even though we had booked Dinner for 6.30pm we had to queue to get to the desk & be given a table - not enough staff at breakfast either really. Final comment it is out of the town - so quiet - but you do have to jump in the car to get back to do anything & no view of the town at all.

wales uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight to travel onto son's cricket match in Mid Wales. Great welcome at check in and as I am disabled on crutches a ground floor room for us all. The family room was very roomy for 2 adults and 2 teenagers and 2 fans were provided, although the weather had cooled down to a more reasonable 20 degrees. Beds were very comfortable and a flat screen TV was good too. Room looked out onto farmland at the back.

We ate at the Beefeater as we didn't arrive until 7pm. Service was good, but prices astronomical. For 2 starters, 4 main meals, 3 desserts and 2 drinks each the bill was £92! Pricey for what we had. However, breakfast the following morning took my breath away. We were booked, but waited a while to be seated at 8.30am. My husband and boys were led to the table while I lagged behind on my crutches. By the time I got to the table the waitress had explained the options and was standing blocking the chair I needed to sit in! She left me standing while she proceeded to take my husbands cooked breakfast order then disappeared! I asked my family what the options were and they explained. I understood the 2 waiting staff were very busy as the restaurant was packed with families with kids running up and down, but felt the waitress simply ignored me. In the end I called another waitress over to ask to order and she said I would have to wait as she had other tables to serve!

All in all not a good experience for a disabled person in the Beefeater, and I would avoid the restaurant if we returned, but the Premier Inn was first class and the receptionists very cheerful and kind.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family