“Another Great Stay AT A PI”

Premier Inn Ross-On-Wye Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Ross-on-Wye
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What can I say about Premier Inn's except they are great!!! This one has easy access just off the end of the M50 with a massive free car park. The adjoining Beefeater was efficient and the Continental breakfast had the usual items on offer. Be sure to ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel (overlooking fields) with only the sheep a possible noise source in the night. If you don't fancy eating at the Beefeater in the evening a very short drive away is the Moody Cow pub restaurant - on the expensive side but fantastic for a romantic evening out.

Room Tip: At the back overlooking the fields!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night on our way home from Scotland and did not book beforehand. The rooms are like new and everything is spotlessly clean. Flat screen TV's lovely hot bath and extremely comfy beds. Food in the restauraunt adjoining is good with excellent friendly service. Car parking is right outside. Not within walking distance of anywhere but plenty to see if you have a car.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

we stayed one night. we arrived shattered at midnight to be greeted by a very friendly night porter. room was on the ground floor, and we could hear talking from a room above, but it didnt delay our sleep! The hotel backs on to fields and our room was at the back, and was very quiet, no traffic noise at all. Room was spacious and both the double bed and single were very comfortable. Handy for the main roads, and a very close to Ross on Wye, which is a lovely old town for a wander around. will definitely return in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at the Premier Ross on Wye for a long weekend break end of October and were really glad we chose this particular place. The reception staff were lovely and very helpful. The rooms were spacious and comfortable although the bed was the smallest we have ever had at Premier but not bad. The cleanliness was its same good standard. My only gripe would be the Beefeater as we prefer the Premiers that have Brewers fayre. Beefeater is always a bit pricey and very dark and claustrophobic and we had to wait to get a meal at night so went somewhere else. But the breakfast was very good and Premiers usual value for money. Ross on Wye is a lovely little market town and plenty of places to visit from the hotel. We were there when the hereford food and drink festival was on and spent a very enjoyable day in Hereford. You cannot safely walk from the hotel you need to get a car down the bypass as it is immediately off the M50 motorway but we were in a room overlooking a lovely field and views and it was very quiet with no traffic noise. Highly recommend this place and would definately use it again. Very pleasant trip.

Room Tip: Ask for the back overlooking the fields, nice views and very quiet. We had room 108.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here with my 3 young children last weekend for one night to break up our journey home and also as it was close by to Raglan for castle visiting...
We arrived at 5pm and had to wait 5 minutes or so for the receptionist to show her face, she said she was dealing with a customer but she was in the back office chatting..The card machine wouldn't work so she asked us to try again 3 times and then again on a difference machine with a different card again unsuccessful (I hope that when our bills come through we haven't been charged 4 times!) We had to revert to using the old swipe and sign method and were given an emergency keycard...I asked the receptionist if she could alter our dinner reservation as we were booked in for 6.30pm and wanted it moved to 6pm as the children were very tired after our long journey and also my youngest was poorly...She said she would sort that out for us no problem...So we arrived for dinner for 6pm in the adjoining beefeater restaurant to be told very rudely that no one had spoken with him about changing our reservation! Not what you need after a long journey! Anyway he got us seated within 5 minutes and our order taken, children had garlic bread starters they came out burnt!! And then the waitress came over to tell us that the kitchen has ran out of burger rolls (this being 6pm on a Sunday night!!) so we could keep our order without the rolls ,(yeh a burger for £9 is really worth that without the roll!) My daughter decided to keep hers as she didn't like anything else on the menu but I chose to have the chicken with coleslaw and chips...Well we waited and waited no one came to speak with us regarding the delay, we waited till over an hour had passed before our dinner was served, the time was now 7.30 (kids bedtime) my daughters burger was so overcooked you couldn't eat it, my youngest's sausages were supposed to be pork in gravy but they were herbed sausages and not a drop of gravy in sight! My other daughter had lost her appetite from waiting so long, So had I :(
I mentioned to the waitress that I was not happy about the delay or the fact the food was not great so she got the manager who said that they would take off our bil 2 childrens meals...So the bill comes £80 down to £70!!! This for 1 childs meal , 2 bottles of cider and 2 chicken with chips plus £3 for kids pudding...The bill should've been £35 so again I had to wait to find the manager to get this sorted out we were now gone 8pm!! The service was so shocking I will not be back to this premier inn because of it as there is nowhere to eat nearby... On returning to the hotel we were told the card machines were working and could we pay again that way! All we wanted to do was get the children into bed it had gone 8pm! The night was ok although we didn't sleep well due to the mattress on the floor being not great so my daughter kept me up as she could not settle.and then having the people upstairs get up and be noisy at 6am isn't great! ..I forgot to mention this reception on check out I was so tired and wanted to get on our way (my youngest was very poorly then and I was concentrating on her rather than having a long drawn out conversation) and no one mentioned the good night guarantee to me.

Room Tip: We had room 3 on the ground floor a family room overlooking the carpark, it was quiet from noise out...
2  Thank PheonixWelshGirl
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Ross-On-Wye Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Well located by the motorway and close to Ross on Wye, there is ample weekday parking but I had to find an unmarked spot on Saturday...I noticed that all the disabled bays were filled by hale & hearty car owners.
Reception staff were ok but not too interested in customer satisfaction: we were given a plastic card 'key' that failed to work (and needed charging?). No apology...as though this had been our fault. Quite dismissive.
Our room was well furnished and comfortable, though the bed was soft & the pillows firm. No air conditioning but a warm bedroom and a fan that worked. Large flat-screen TV and well equipped bathroom.
Try to get a room at the back. Ours was at the front & we were woken early by selfish leavers shouting to one another. Travelodge provide better value but the furnishings & refurbishment almost made this a good value stay. Reception staff training could be improved.

Room Tip: Try rooms away from car parking for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I have just spent 4 nights at Ross on Wye Premier Inn.In our opinion everything about this hotel,was first class.It was in a recently refurbished state and everything was fine(having said that,the bed was not the most comfortable but was not the worst).the staff we came into contact with were all very helpful and friendly.Very nice people.We would stay here again without hesitation.We had 4 breakfasts in the Beefeater next door which were very good,typically Premier Inn.We only had dinner on the first night and didnt think much to it.

Room Tip: There are some good eating places within a short distance from the hotel