“half term break with the builders”

Premier Inn Ross-On-Wye Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Ross-on-Wye
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Having stayed here before I expected the same. Did not start well as a phone call three days before told me the builders were in. Arrived on the Sunday and everything was fine. The next day not so good, builders everywhere and working in one side of the hotel.I do have a gripe about this. Why do the builders who are working there have to park there cars and vans in the best parking spaces so the paying customers with bags have to try and find a space elsewhere.The builders should have parking at the top by the benches away from the hotel. The updated rooms are nice but the new furniture has little storage space and is aimed at the business traveller staying one night The staff at the hotel and the beefeater are excellent and very friendly but I feel the way the building work was going on has affected my stay and I do feel cheated that my break was turned into a stay within a building project.Once the work is completed then the hotel will be excellent thanks to the excellent attidude of the staff.
Premier Inn please put on your website if work is being carried out and also make is a policy that the paying customer has the priority to park in the hotel spaces not the builders.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Ross-On-Wye Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed here for one night as a convenient and not too distant escape while our bathroom at home was being refurbished. Not all that exciting one might think, but the beauty of Premier Inns is that you can change your mind up until the last minute, booking is simplicity itself and you are always assured of certain standards of comfort. The restaurants vary slightly according to which branch of the chain they belong to - this one is a Beefeater so if you like steaks and burgers you're laughing. That said there is a decent choice of alternatives as well. We found a warm and friendly welcome, straightforward check in, a large, comfortable room with the temperature easily adjusted to our choice, clean and comfortable bathroom, and we had a thoroughly pleasant evening in the adjoining restaurant.

All in all a home from home which is perhaps surprising in a "budget" and "chain" hotel. A decent breakfast set us up for the return home to the noise, cold (heating off line due to the work) and disruption of home!

A very nice example of a Premier Inn, too close to home for regular stays for us but certainly one we would recommend to friends and family should the need arise.

2  Thank CharlieCroker1300
Reviewed February 1, 2012

After staying in a considerably more expensive hotel in Cardiff, this hotel was a refreshing change. The check in was quick and friendly. The room was twice the size of the other hotel. The facilities were not perceptibly different and the on-site restaurant had friendly and quick service on a busy night, the food was great and less than half what we'd paid the previous night.
I have stayed at Premier Inns on previous occasions and they have all been good. This was a relaxing and pleasant experience. I now intend to plan my holiday tour of Britain on Premier Inns.

Room Tip: We were in the new wing facing away from the nearby road. But road noise was not a problem anywhere
1  Thank Roger14_3
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This was a trip to attend a family funeral and we chose this hotel because it was close to the family event and the good reviews on Trip Advisor. It is about 5 minutes drive from the town centre of Ross-on-Wye located in the countryside adjacent to the M50 motorway. There is a little impact from road traffic noise at peak times or you can leave the double glazed window closed and it is quiet. Well lit car park with ample free parking.

Welcome on arrival was very good and we found the staff helpful and accommodating for our two nights stay.

Our room was a standard double and was clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed, writing desk and one easy chair. We need two chairs and the Receptionist got us a second chair straight away. I don't know why they don't provide two chairs in a double room? Plenty of hanging space in the wardrobe. Standard television with Freeview and 30 minutes free Wi-Fi available. Tea and coffee making facilities.

Our en-suite facilities were adapted for the disabled and included a low level bath with a shower over and ample hot water. The bathroom was very clean with fluffy white towels.

We paid £39 per night for the room by booking in advance. There was a Beefeater Restaurant adjacent about 100 metres away which served breakfast and main meals although we did not try the fare. The menu had plenty of choice.

This was a nice Premier Inn and we would happily return.

1  Thank OldTaffy
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We came from Birmingham and had an appointment for Cardiff hospital the next day. We booked the Premier Inn because the location was very convenient and the reviews on trip advisor seemed ok. It is not exactly 5star, but for one night we weren't bothered. I booked the bargain for GBP 19.00 per night but made a mistake with the date and had booked the 24th instead the 23rd and I could not cancel. If I had booked with the option for cancellation it would have been GBP 38.00, so there was no advantage. We paid GBP 38.00 for the night and it was my fault, so I cannot complain to anyone.
We did not have breakfast but when we had breakfast at the Little Chef a bit further on, we wish we had taken the offer because that was a much better deal.
We would definitely stay there again for 1 night.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room because there is no lift.
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I'm a regular stayer here as I have work commitments just down the road. You get exactly what you would expect for a Premier Inn - and that's consistency. I've been put in a number of rooms, and in all you get a large comfortable room, with a large comfortable bed and that familiar P.I. purple and white colour scheme!
The staff are always friendly and polite, and now greet me as a regular, which is nice. The food is consistently good - maybe not that special night out you would choose for a big occassion, but certainly good honest pub grub.
In short, a good choice for the area. I have tried some other local hotels which I find either expensive for what they are, of lacking in certain quality areas.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We are a family of four visiting Ross-on-Wye to catch up with friends . I am so pleasently surprised at the standard of the rooms and the quality of service you recieve at a Premier Inn ... I used to think that it cannot be possible to visit different ones over the country and recieve consistent quality but they manage it every time ! Lovely time had by all ................

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family