“Lunch by the river”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The venue was lovely,sitting by the River Wye. However, I think we inadvertently sat by the smoking area, our meal was a little spoilt by the smokers. My lasagne was good and hot but not special, my husband ordered the roast beef which was a little tough.
Service was quick and the staff very pleasant. I would visit again but be more alert as to where we sat.

1  Thank Barbara A

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Came for a light supper and were impressed with the choice on the menu and specials. Food was very good, and served promptly (it was a quiet evening). Table by the window meant we could enjoy viewing the river outside

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We booked for lunch with friends to celebrate my 80th birthday - and what a good choice that was !! We were warmly greeted by Rachael and the very friendly staff (and dog). and were very impressed by the menu and not being rushed to order while enjoying the excellent real ales and wine.
The food was excellent , hot , and beautifully presented, in fact, my chicken jalfrezi (a particular favourite of mine was probably one of the very best I have eaten. Although we were sat inside,(weather), the views of the Wye wer lovely and we shall be back when we are able to take advantage of the good outdoor facilities. Well done all !!

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We sat outside overlooking the river and the view was fantastic. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was good pub food and the drink was reasonably priced. When we first walked in I thought it was a locals pub, however as time went on the atmosphere proved to be very comfortable. I would love to go back there- the local area was beautiful!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent food ,great service ,very busy all very friendly very comfortable .on the river bank will call again when in the area.