“Fabulous meal, atmosphere”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great service, lovely food and great atmosphere. We only ate in the bar but would have no hesitation coming back.

jacquinewman, Owner at The White Lion Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind review.

It was our pleasure to have you here and we look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great Venue. With separate Olde Gaol restaurant, dining, bar, outside riverside gardens
and covered smoking area. I had my 60th Birthday Party here and with room for separate disco & Band together with a superb Buffet, we had a cracking time and I would definitely re-book any future functions. Many thanks to Jaqui, Dave and the staff.

So pleased you enjoyed your birthday party with us - yes it was a cracking evening.

We hope you choose to have many more functions with us Phil.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Fantastic Sunday lunch, plenty of food and very well cooked. Dog friendly, lovely outside area for smokers, beautiful viewsn of river wye.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good location by the river with seating on the bank.Local beers, good food at reasonable prices. Friendly staff.

2  Thank malcolm t
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was never sure if this pub would be worth the visit for food, but I am glad that my family (all regular visitors) persuaded me to visit with them as I really, really enjoyed my food and the whole experience,
Its not your normal pub grub, no over coked veg or stodgy mash I opted for one of their Thai dishes and was so glad I did but blimey was the portion large.

The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to help any of us out and we were all served in super quick time.

I for one will be going back and would recommend this pub/restaurant to anyone else in a shot.