“VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AND FRIENDLY STAFF”

The Prince of Wales
Ranked #65 of 84 Restaurants in Ross-on-Wye
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Herefordshire
“VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AND FRIENDLY STAFF”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went to the PoW for the first time as my wife was away and didn't fancy cooking for myself. Another 'first timer' came with me. On entering, we were greeted with a smile by the young lady behind the bar who served us drinks and told us the procedure for ordering. Our food arrived without delay and was brought by another friendly member of the team. It was hot, tasty and very good value for money, considering I paid only £6.00 for my steak. Our plates were cleared by yet another helpful member of staff (I think she may have been the manager), who spent a good five minutes talking with us and answering questions about the pub and the company. Will I go again and, also, recommend the PoW? Certainly, in fact, this week.

• Visited September 2013
Mat S, Public Relations Manager at The Prince of Wales, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review and for recommending The Prince so highly on TripAdvisor.

ross on wye
“Hits the spot!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Michelin star? Maybe not, but super convenient, family friendly, varied menu and great value for money with really friendly staff it certainly is!

You really can't grumble at that for 2,4,6 or 8 quid!

Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for your positive review of The Prince of Wales in Ross-on-Wye.
Oldbury, United Kingdom
“Very impressed compared to previous visits.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We go to Ross about 3 to 4 times a year to visit an old family friend and take her for a meal. We have been to the Prince a few times but not for some time. The food has varied based on who was running the pub at the time but this was a very pleasant surprise. It has recently (from what I can gather) been taken over but a small pub chain and the meals are all either £2, £4, £6 or £8 with all desserts being £2. There were three of us and we had Fish and chips, scampi and chips, steak (plus bourbon sauce), a side salad, two orange juices, two sticky toffee puddings and an apple crumble. The total spend was less than £30 and the food was beautifully cooked. I could not eat all of my main course (an £8 one) there was so much of it. Before we left Ross the next morning we went back for breakfast because of the great value. My husband had a sausage and tomato sandwich while I had beans on toast with extra toppings of scrambled egg and bacon. Total bill was £5.50p. I know where I will be eating in future when we visit the town again.

• Visited August 2013
Mat S, Public Relations Manager at The Prince of Wales, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review and for recommending The Prince of Wales so highly on here.

I'm really pleased we were able to please you and your family with our 2468 menu. We have been really pleased so far with the way things are going at The Prince and we have received lots of great feedback.

We also look forward to welcoming you back at The Prince next time you are in the neighbourhood!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go again.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Chose the 4 Combo. The curly fries were burnt, the chicken wings were charcoal. The battered mushrooms and onion rings were under cooked. The waitress was unfriendly and a smile wouldn't have gone amiss. The manageress (think that was who she was) gave us a free dessert, but it didn't make up for the disappointment of the meal.

Visited August 2013
Mat S, Public Relations Manager at The Prince of Wales, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience at The Prince.

I am very disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your meal and I would like to apologise on behalf of The Number Works Pub Company for not providing you with the high standard of food you expect from us.

If you would like to e-mail me at enquiries@2468pubs.co.uk with the time and date of your visit and the meals you had, I would like to resolve this situation as soon as possible and look at ways of rebuilding your trust in The Number Works Pub Company.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just enjoyed a good value meal. The Prince of Wales is now a £2,£4,£6,£8 venue, good choice of dishes available and very popular even on a Tuesday. The food was well presented and enjoyable ans as the review title say's good value.

1 Thank Alan M
Thank you for your positive review.

It's great to hear such positive feedback on a recently opened venue. We are busy most evenings and lunchtimes so get there early to avoid disappointment.

We hope you will return to the Prince and sample some more food on our 2468 menu very soon!