The Chase Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
$84
The King's Head Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
$89
$87
$98
$175
The Old Court Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
$160
$103
Orbitz.com
$76
1,259 results
All reviewsold english innsthe riversmall balconysuperior roomwye valleylovely hotelno liftbar areagreat positioneggs benedictfantastic viewscar parktown centreweekend breakboth nightswithout exceptioncomfy bed
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We were on our way home to South Wales from Hertfordshire ambling along the A40 when we decided to take an extra night holiday. After a meal at The Greedy Goose (see our review there http://bit.ly/nJZ6DP ) and making use of their free wifi got a great deal from LateRooms.com @£40 for the night .

The room was huge and very comfortable. Nice big telly and free wifi...

As we'd eaten en route we decided to share a meal in the bar and the food served was lovely. Only one gripe the barmain didn't steer us in the direction of the Wine special which was good value at £7.95 :(

Breakfast was served from 08:00 and was again of generous proportions with a continental followed by full english...

Room Tip: Get the latest prices you can we used LateRooms.com
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
OldEnglishInns, Owner at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at our Old English Inn. We value all your comments, and take them on board to offer the best service and value. We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Old English Inns in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Found this Hotel to be relaxing and central for the Town of Ross on Wye.
Staff easy to get on with nothing was too much trouble
Views of the Wye and surounding areas from the rooms was paramount.
The Hotel was tidy.
Walks by the river and feeding the swans we found relaxing
Picked a time when the local carnivale was taking place down by the river realy enjoyed.
Summing up this is a must for a break.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank StHelens2050
OldEnglishInns, Owner at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a wedding for two nights and couldn't fault the place, except for an exceptionally rude waitress that I had the misfortune of being served by every day.

She made ordering breakfasts and drinks a very uncomfortable experience and each day I had to approach her myself and place my order. Also (this is just one of the bar instances) she didn't give me my change after over charging me for the second time, when I asked for my change, she said one of the tills didn't have any. She then served three other people, before I requested my change again, to which she finally got out of the other functioning till. I didn't appreciate missing twenty minutes out of my brothers wedding for this!

It really irritated me that staff with such bad attitudes towards the general public, were allowed the work the bar and breakfasts on the weekend of the wedding and that it was allowed to carry on (I know what other guests from the wedding complained to another staff member).

Apart from this, it was a beautiful wedding venue and the rooms were very clean and very relaxing. The remainder of the staff were fantastic and the beer garden was certainly enjoyed!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Booked 2 nights at this hotel on a special promotion and was pleasantly surprised to be told when we booked in that we had been given a "feature room". The room is on the secod floor but is was well worth the climb as the view over the bend in the River Wye was absolutely breathtaking! There were two side windows and one looked across to a wonderful stone tower. The room itself was very spacious, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was superb. We had a wonderful stay in this hotel and can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Owner at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, we always appreciate all your feedback at Old English Inns and constantly work hard to deliver service and value. We look forward to welcoming to back to one of our Inns soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Loved the outside drinks area. The food was great value so didn't bother eating out much. Staff helpful. Stayed 3 nights and would go back. Free wi-fi. Breakfast served till 1200!

• Stayed: August 2011
OldEnglishInns, Owner at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011