We stopped by for Sunday lunch recently on our way to the Three Choirs Vineyard (about 10 miles away) We ahd read good reveiws about the food at Glewstone....and were not disapponted.
Its a beautiful building standing in its own grounds. We had a warm welcome from the small family dog and were then greeted by a freindly membr of stafff who took our coats and offered a drink. It was a bit like going to dinner with family. We were early so it was quiet but as lunch time progressed soon became full - so I would say booking is essential.
We sat by a lovely log fire for a drink whilst being shown the menu....and were then taken through to the dining room.
Food - good amount of choice and reaonably priced but the quality was EXCELLENT - very home cooked and fresh. I had the beef and my husband the lamb and we both agreed it was succulent and plenty of it. My only slight criticism (very minor) was when it came to the desserts - I asked if they were home made as there was a particular favourite of mine that I have found to be not brilliant if its mass produced or bought in. I was told all desserts were freshly prepared...so I wrongly (as I found out) took that to mean home made - which it wasnt.
Overall we had a really nice experience and a definite for return.....oh and they welcome dogs (restaurant excl.) which is a real bonus for a dog owner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glewstone Court is an iconic Country Manor House dating back to 1709 with Georgian and Regency features. You approach the property past an awesome 300 year old Cedar of Lebanon. Glewstone was a finalist for the Restaurant of the Year and Breakfast of the Year in "Flavours of Herefordshire", Our food is innovative and prepared from good, fresh local ingredients; organic and free-range whenever possible. It has a comfortable atmosphere that permeates the bedrooms, lounge bar and restaurants. Herefordshire is superb walking county and although the Hotel is a 'hidden gem', you're still only 3 miles from Ross-on-Wye. Alternatively, relax by the log fires, or on fine days, or laze in the garden with a glass of beer, wine or bubbly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Glewstone Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glewstone Court Hotel Ross-On-Wye
- Glewstone Court Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire