Made to feel that we were welcome as we stumbled out of the rain through the front door after risking life and limb crossing the A40 .........not used to moving into fast lane with a boy racer behind me and then braking suddenly to turn across the carriageway. ( townie! )
We were joining old friends for a 50th birthday bash
Cosy fires. Owner Bill also great with the children, they felt important too, and he was happy to cater to their specific needs.
Very good standard of food, lovely private dining room. Furnishings well worn but all very comfy and clean
Stayed in room 2 , very comfortable as a twin, ( wee struggle with saniflo loo ), but did not detract from the ambience.Homemade cookies in room, and supply of fresh milk in landing fridge appreciated
Dogs welcomed, but the environment does not smell at all doggy, the place is kept spotless and we loved petting the house dogs. Thanks Bill + staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glewstone Court is an iconic Country Manor House dating back to 1709 with Georgian and Regency features. You approach the property past an awesome 300 year old Cedar of Lebanon. Glewstone was a finalist for the Restaurant of the Year and Breakfast of the Year in "Flavours of Herefordshire", Our food is innovative and prepared from good, fresh local ingredients; organic and free-range whenever possible. It has a comfortable atmosphere that permeates the bedrooms, lounge bar and restaurants. Herefordshire is superb walking county and although the Hotel is a 'hidden gem', you're still only 3 miles from Ross-on-Wye. Alternatively, relax by the log fires, or on fine days, or laze in the garden with a glass of beer, wine or bubbly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Glewstone Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glewstone Court Hotel Ross-On-Wye
- Glewstone Court Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire