“A Dining Delight”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Herefordshire
“A Dining Delight”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My wife and I had dinner in the Orles Barn Restaurant for the first time recently in spite of living fairly close. We thoroughly enjoyed the food which showed a fine touch for flavours and textures. The menu is not extensive, but I take that to be a plus point - carefully chosen fresh food - and the Chef, Dan, was more than happy to alter the components of a dish to suit my wife's tastes. Service in the cosy bar and the restaurant could not be faulted and the overall ambience was excellent. The owner was cheerful and chatted to us. The basic cost for a 3 course dinner was £35 pp with a £2 supplement for steak.
All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable evening: we will certainly return before too long.

• Visited October 2011

Ross on Wye
“The most delicious meal in perfect surroundings - 100% recommended”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We have no hesitation in recommending dining at Orles Barn - we have been several times now and each time we have enjoyed the most delicious food - whether lunchtime or evening. Dan's cooking is the best for miles around - his Michelin star cannot be far away - go now while you can still get in! restaurant staff and the owners cannot be more helpful and the room itself is delightful - perfect ambience.

• Visited September 2011
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I ate at Orles Barn last weekend and it really was outstanding. My work takes me all over the country and we eat out in some of the best restaurants but I was wowed! Beautiful food that deserves a star! Devoted staff that made our evening one to remember, thank you!

Leominster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well presented, tasty food”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Food at Orles Barn is locally sourced and beautifully cooked. Presentation is superb. We had a large family dinner, breakfasts and a Wedding Breakfast there last week, all of good quality. Set menu was £35 a head. Staff were very helpful, polite and flexible when it came to our Full English Breakfasts - as there were several fussy people among us. Wedding breakfast was £37 a head inc tea and coffee. I very much recommend the chocolate brownie!! If you are a man who likes a lot of meat, it might not be ideal in terms of quantity, but the the quality will be very high.

• Visited August 2011
“Food cooked to perfection with passion, served with outstanding hospitality”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband Robin booked Orles Barn as a wedding anniversary treat as he knows that I just loved the food experience last time we dined there. On arrival Richard (owner) greeted us warmly and we had a chat before looking through the interesting and varied menu. The staff have tasted everything so are able to advise wisely and do so with great enthusiasm. I had the wood pigeon and pickled beetroot starter and Robin had the scallops, both were cooked to perfection and tasted sublime, things just got better with main courses and desserts that were taste sensations that looked every bit as good as they tasted and vice versa. Every aspect of the hospitality is excellent because Richard and Kelly appear to have nurtured and developed their restaurant with passion and skill and their passion is shared by all their staff. They have a talented chef but have clearly given him the opportunity to shine with his creative dishes.
As B & B owners in Ross, we tend to eat out a lot in a variety of restaurants so that we are able to recommend places to eat to our guests. There are good places to eat in Herefordshire but nothing compares with Orles Barn - it is up with the very best and deserves its 2 rosettes and "Best Restaurant in Herefordshire" and we would not be surprised if it was awarded a Michelin star.

• Visited August 2011