“Fantastic B and B!”
Review of Raglan House

Raglan House
Ranked #21 of 43 Ross-on-Wye B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a really comfortable B and B. Right in the middle of Ross on Wye. It was a bit noisy in the late evening with people in the street shouting, but this is inevitable in such a central location.Normally with the windows closed this would not be a problem as they are double glazed but due to the hot weather the room was really warm and we had the windows open. We were offed a fan, and if we were staying longer I would have asked for a top sheet on the bed as the duvet was really warm! All the beds were fine, nice linen etc and very clean. Good wifi connection. Great selection of breakfast served by the lovely Bob, who should be as thin as a stick insect with all the running up and down the stairs he must do! I would recommend this definitely for a short stay in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you think you would have the windows open. Bob is amazing at answering...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Mr Robert m, Owner at Raglan House, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The room I stayed in was of a comfortable size, I booked a double bed but it was actually two single beds put together. I could park outside the door of an evening with no parking charges which was ideal for me as I was busy during the day and didn't need to be there.
It was quite hot and humid when I stayed but the room were not bad considering this, I think the room would of benefited from a fan and a small fridge as all my drinks were warm be it day or night. I know the weather in the UK is not always like this and providing these items may not be feasible.

The price per night was reasonable for the area, the wifi in the room was pretty fast which is always nice to have. Large selection for breakfast and it was also a good standard.
If I am in Ross in the future I will most probably stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Raglan house during a short two day break to Ross On Wye. The property is conveniently located in the center of the town with parking close by. We had a room at the back of the property which was extremely comfortable, quite and had access to free WiFi. The owners made us feel very welcome and provided all that we needed including a fabulous breakfast. We have been to the town a few times now and have enjoyed our stay on each occasion. I would certainly recommend the town and this accommodation to all visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Rooms are very nice beds extremely comfortable, free wifi excellent view, cute little town. Excellent service.. Allround perfect I stayed one night for business purposes and I can't fault it, parking isn't a problem either I parked literally on the front door step! And it's free.. There are pay and display car parks at decent prices 2 minutes away. You must visit!

• Stayed: July 2013
Mr Robert m, Owner at Raglan House, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you found all to your satisfaction

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a quiet corner for an afternoon tea. Raglan Cafe was well presented and the courteous staff made the tea really enjoyable. The sandwiches and cakes were absolutely yummy..... We will certainly recommend it to our friends...

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank castlemcc

We are pleased your enjoyed your afternoon tea & the service offered. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and our hosts, Ron and Julie were very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was excellent, offering fresh fruit salad, cereals, a full English as well as lighter alternatives - no lunch was necessary! We ate in the restaurant on our second night, enjoying lovely home cooked fayre. We ordered cakes to take home the next morning. Julie made wonderful cupcakes for us to take with us, despite the café being closed after the very busy Bank Holiday. We were very grateful and they were very much enjoyed!
There was a May Carnival on the Monday, which was excellent. There were all kinds of craft and food stalls as well as superb local musicians entertaining the crowds. The atmosphere was very friendly.
We were ideally placed to visit the area and visited Hereford Cathedral to see the Mappa Mundi. There was also the International Book Festival at Hay on Wye.
A very enjoyable weekend despite the revellers on our first night waking us a number of times.

Room Tip: We arrived on the Sunday of the Bank Holiday. We received a warm welcome and shown to our room. We...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us & was pleased with what Ross-on-Wye had to offer. The May Fayre is one of the highlights of year year.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a wonderful time lovely room spotless clean owners very kind and helpful food all fresh and home made lovely Ragland house is in an ideal spot for sight seeing and touring will be booking again soon you should give it a try you will not be disappointed

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.