“The best service in town”
Review of Raglan House

Raglan House
Ranked #22 of 43 Ross-on-Wye B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Although I am a local I hadn't tried this restaurant since its make over. I shall definately be going back again and again. The service by the young man was outstanding. The food was extremely tasty and home cooked. I would have no reservation in recommending this place

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank stephenbray46

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and used Ross-On-Wye as a base to explore. I cannot recommend Raglan House enough the rooms were well decorated and we were made to feel extremely welcome by our hosts.

Breakfast was fantastic and more than i expected for the price. Next time I am in Ross-on-wye I will definately be staying at Raglan House.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank screechyboy79
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here Saturday night and it was well worth the visit. I was made to feal very welcome, Ok the room wasn't massive but more than adequate, and lets be honest you are only sleeping in it, and the room was very clean. In the morning the breakfast was excellent and of a very high quality. The only one real downside was the parking Mon-Sat parking is restricted between 9 and 6, but there are some car parks within a short walk, I moved my car later that day and was able to park right outside. Also must mention if you want somewhere excellent to eat walk a few minutes down the road and eat in Yaks and Yetis a Nepalese resturant, very,very good. All in all Ross is lovely and I will be back and will be staying at Raglan House.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bigbert2011
Mr Robert m, Owner at Raglan House, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for your nice review. All comments will be acted upon, good or bad.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After reading previous reviews I wasnt sure I had booked the best place to stay in Ross but I can honestly say I loved this place.
Warm greeting from the owner who showed us to our room and facilities, our room overlooked a small outdoor seating are which was very pretty. The room was very well decorated although I agree with other reveiwers who mention the carpets, which werent to my taste but very good quality- according to my mum.
We were given a map of the local area and a couple of suggestions for meals out. We tried the Royal Hotel which overlooks the river, a beautiful place to chill out with a drink.
Breakfast was fantastic, a great choice served in shabby chic crockery, which I loved. The scrambled eggs were the best ive had in years.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Room was ok but the whole place needs a facelift and a new carpet! Breakfast was good and owners were friendly. Bit of an update would work wonders for the place. Right in the centre of town so good position although Ross-on-Wye itself was very disappointing. We had a room at the back so weren't disturbed by street noise (just the creaking floorboards as the owners moved around upstairs at 2am!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SB1957

I agree that the carpet is busy & not to everyones taste. It was here when we took over the business last December & is of a very good quality.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have to be perfectly honest and say that I wasn't that impressed. I stay in B and B's because I like staying in somebody's house but this place is more of a very good tea room with rooms. We had a room at the back and I thought the room was a bit dated and claustrophibic and there is no guest lounge. However it was reasonably good value and the breakfast was excellent. Unfortunately I am a light sleeper and by the time the nearby nightclub had turned off their music I was never going to get any sleep. I appreciate the owners of the B and B have no control over this but it is an issue. We were there on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GreyNomad27
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights last weekend and can't fault the place. Received a warm welcome when we arrived, the room was excellent and had a fantastic breakfast in the morning. Very good value for money and will definitely be visiting again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple