“Worth a Visit, and of course there's the well.”

Kings Head Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in Ross-on-Wye
Cuisines: European, French, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Kings Head in Ross is situated at the top of the main street as such not very visible to the day tripper. However the uphill walk to the Restaurant is worth the hike. I spend lots of time in the area because of family commitments and as I have stated in other reviews there are many very good places to eat and relax. Is the Kings Head up there with the best - No but don't let that put you off.
The Kings Head has a very traditional look, but once inside you will find a beautifully laid out restaurant area. My wife and I had lunch, the lunch menu is pretty standard without frills so don’t anticipate fine dining, nevertheless the quality of what they serve up is very good and competitively priced. Staff are attentive and pleasant although I suspect that when busy the staff maybe less able to give a “one to one”. I wouldn’t hesitate to visit the Kings again. Plenty of space, Good Quality of Food, Nice atmosphere. A good Gastro-Pub that will not kill the pocket.
TIP – Make sure you visit the Well in the middle of the Hotel Dining Room.

1  Thank terry s

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Really lovely evening meal. We shared a meat platter for starters and the chicken liver parfait was delicious.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This restaurant is actually far nicer than it looks from outside! Inside it is a lovely room with friendly staff and excellent food - a cut above pub fare.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have just spent one night in Ross-on-Wye - and thankfully were recommended the Kings Head. Due to the wet weather, we arrived at 6.30pm, and booked a table for an hour later. Thank goodness we did - as the restaurant soon filled up - despite being a Tuesday evening. Excellent menu and food quality, friendly service and all in all a fabulous evening. My only comment would be that the staff seemed a little stretched and so service was a little on the minimal side. But if I was back in Ross, I would return. If you are thinking of going and are not staying there, I suggest making a booking first.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This didn't look the sort of place that would be good for vegetarians but we were delighted with the quality of food. They were short staffed on the night we visited, but the service was still good and the final bill very reasonable.