TripAdvisor

The Jetty Salcombe
Ranked #27 of 48 Restaurants in Salcombe
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Jetty, takes full advantage of its waterfront location, with award-winning Chef Alex Aitken creating enticing menu concepts. Serving local and seasonal dishes, with fish landed daily and a local larder of delicious seasonal produce on its doorstep, The Jetty offers an exceptional Salcombe dining experience. Our Chefs combines expert knowledge with a passion for local ingredients, to create outstanding seasonal food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

booked well in advance, as well we did, place was booked out and 4 of us has Sunday lunch. as it was a twins birthday !!! the ladies 50+ it was a special treat, relaxing, choosing the lunch over drinks, listening to the 2 man band, which played beautifully on a sunny sunday lunchtime. chosen fish-soup.. and .2 x smoked duck and baked cheese souffle,, which all looked and tasted lovely. the Sunday roast of course was a delight and the meat and all the vegetables where cooked to perfection,, the bottle of red house-wine was a good choice too.. after the lunch the waiter came over and presented the ladies with a plate of happy birthday wishes from the cook... how marvellous and the chocolate mouse looked wicket....
nice sweet afterwards and 3 hours later, we had to go... what a joy it was..
there was a lot of filming going on.. (we are the noisy lot laughing).. if you ever see the promotional video. would we return,?? with a blink of an eye. ..
perfect service, atmosphere and setting.. if i can i will put a picture on.. thank you to all the staff on 29.9.19 for a wonderful experience. (cant add photo... sorry )

Date of visit: September 2019
jasonparry55, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Rolf R

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we are so pleased the team looked after you so well and that you enjoyed your visit. We very much hope to be able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Write a reviewReviews (400)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant is part of the Salcombe Harbour Hotel and is beautifully designed. We stayed for 2 nights at the hotel and ate both nights. The food was fantastic. It may cost a little more than standard but the quality of the food and the hard working and helpful staff (particularly one waitress, Sarah) means that you get more than 'standard'.
We got married the weekend before staying and received excellent service with some lovely complimentary touches.
Thank you, crew at the Salcombe Harbour Hotel and The Jetty.

Date of visit: October 2019

Dear Dazzacadabra

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and many congratulations on your recent wedding, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit so much. Thank you for highlighting Sarah, she really is a superstar here. We very much hope to be able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 2, 2019 via mobile

My husband & I visited here as part of our hotel stay package. We got a great table next to the window, overlooking the estuary. The staff were friendly, although service was a bit slow. The menu had a good selection of options & very reasonably priced, considering the quality. We had the set menu, which was £27.50 for 3 courses. They did run out of a couple of the desserts which was a shame but we still enjoyed what we chose. Would definitely go again if I’m ever in salcombe for a special occassion

Date of visit: September 2019
jasonparry55, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2019

Dear SallyMac789

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit so much and we very hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 26, 2019 via mobile

We ate here as it's part of the hotel where we were staying. Having said that we were impressed with the quality of the food, the attentiveness of the staff and the reasonable value for money. There's also a good choice.
We ate breakfast 3 times, a lunch on one day and 3 evening meals. Each was a good experience.
I had considered taking a mark off for the slightly weird choice of music in the evenings - its Balaeric Beats style which considering the older clientele when I was there isn't our regular listening I'd guess - but by night 2 I'd managed to block it out so I've left my score as an excellent!

Date of visit: September 2019
jasonparry55, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2019

Dear ExeterChris

Thank you for your invaluable feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experiences in the Jetty. We have noted your comments regarding the music and I am pleased that it did not detract from your enjoyable evening meals. We very much hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

Visited this restaurant with my family including my two year old. The best part was the food. The scallops and mussels were delicious, as were the wines and coffees. Salads and tempura vegetables were more average. Unfortunately this restaurant is let down by poor service and long waits for food. Staff spent ages preparing our table but didn’t arrange a high chair for my daughter until asked, they were slow to bring menus, and it was impossible to attract their attention when we needed something or to get the bill. We were not told what the market fish was when presented with the menus, or about items that had run out. We had to wait for 45 minutes for our food when the restaurant was completely empty, which was especially frustrating with a toddler in tow. Macaroni cheese from the children’s menu was not suitable for a small child as it was served boiling hot in inappropriate crockery, and was made with very strong tasting cheeses. Overall not a great experience considering the high expense. There was one member of staff, a young British woman, who redeemed the situation slightly. She was very friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: September 2019
jasonparry55, General Manager at The Jetty Salcombe, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2019

Dear HarriD789

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am so sorry that you have been let down by the service on this occasion. I would very much like to fully investigate the details for you and ask that you contact me directly on jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk in order for me to be able to do this. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you in due course.