“Power boat 2”
Review of Sea N Shore

Sea N Shore
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Salcombe
More attraction details
Owner description: Jump onboard in Salcombe with the specialist Sea-N-Shore team. Water is our thing! RYA Powerboat School Based in Salcombe, Sea-N-Shore is an Advanced RYA Powerboat School and Watersports School. Take the wheel - and learn the skills to qualify as a professional powerboat helm with level 1, 2, intermediate, advanced, day skipper, yachtmaster, VHF, first aid courses. Rib Rides (W.I.S.E accredited centre) FAST Experience the thrill of a 75min adrenalin Rib Ride around the coast with friends and family, seal spotting and wreck hunting, and take in Start Point lighthouse and an old ruined village. SLOW Explore the Salcombe estuary with a 75 min slower tour, trawling for plankton, using field microscopes, aquascopes, and take in the birds, fish, flora and fauna. CRUISE Take a relaxed 3hr RIB cruise from Salcombe to the Crabshell Inn, Kingsbridge. Choose your meal and drinks onboard and we'll do the rest. What could be better? Banana Ride/Wakeboard/Waterski Master the waves and learn to Wakeboard or Waterski with professional tuition, or jump onboard our banana boat and laugh the afternoon away with our unique games. How long can you hold on? Rib Coasteering Get together and scramble the rocks and explore the caves of our incredible coast with qualified instructors, all by boat. Enjoy the pre-determined route, the power of the waves and feel the adrenalin rush of low, medium and high jumps. Have you got what it takes? Groups and families are our thing From family groups, STAG and HEN, Corporate and team, we can cater for a fantastic day afloat, bringing everyone together to build a memorable day. We hope you can join us onboard soon.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Fantastic tutoring. I felt very safe and confidant at all times. I had a really enjoyable day and wish it could of continued. I came away having learnt lots of useful things to help my enjoyment of boating. Tim is an excellent teacher who kept things very relaxed. I shall certainly be going back. I would recommend Sea-N-Shore for their courses. I will no doubt be taking family back to have ago at some of the activities on offer. Don't bother with others enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Salcombe.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Fantastic experience for mum, daughter and me. 35knots, 360 turns and what a thrill! Ali thanks for being so kind, informative and easygoing. Of course your excellent boat skills help too! Perfect trip highly recommended! R, J and mum, Bristol

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I took my family on the seal safari today, arranged through Ali via text. We met our tour guide Tim who explained everything we needed to know, he then took us at a leisurely pace out of Salcombe harbour (8 knot speed limit) pointing out the castle built by Henry the 8th then subsequently destroyed by cromwell. (Just to show I was listening). Once out of the harbour Tim increased the pace to just over 34 knots as we headed east along the coast. we took a couple of stops to look at ship wrecks then eventually found the seals we were looking for at Start point, just below the lighthouse, we counted at least 25. Then we went on to the lost village of Hallsands, which has been mostly lost to the sea over the last 100 years. After Tim's lovely assistant told us the tale of Hallsands where her grandmother used to live, we headed back through some big waves off Start point which was a big thrill as we got airborne a few times. Big thanks to Tim and the team at Sea N Shore, highly recommended.

I would so like to trade my office with Tim's. (When it's sunny and warm at least)..

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked this last minute with Ali by text and it has been the highlight of our holiday! The ride out on the rib was really good fun, and our guide, Tim, was brilliant with our chatterbox children. We went from Salcombe via Start Point almost all the way to Bee Sands and we saw too many seals to count. Highly recommend this trip, but consider using the Park and Ride as parking in Salcombe is a bit of a challenge.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just completed my Power Boat Level 2 Course. Ali and Tim are great instructors, easy to get on with and they make the complex stuff easy to understand and fun. Very enjoyable, can't wait to pay them another visit. Highly recommended.

1  Thank RustyDel