“Brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waverley B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salcombe
Waverley B&B
Ranked #3 of 21 Salcombe B&B and Inns
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here in the summer.

Everything about the b&b was perfect and Pauline was a great host. It was such a pleasant stay that we are looking forward to going back asap.

Breakfast was brilliant and the b&b was beautiful. Pauline gave us tips on places to visit and we had a truly brilliant stay. The best b&b we have ever stayed in.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Winchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in October 2012 for a wedding. The room was clean, and comfortable, although the bed was a little hard for my taste, but that's a personal thing. The bathroom was spotless, the shower was powerful and refreshing, which was nice! We had hanging wardrobe space, a decent sized flat screen TV (although we were out a lot so didn't use it) and enough spare sockets for chargers and that kind of stuff too. The breakfast was excellent both mornings, and we were made to feel welcome too. Any gripes? Well, the room we were in didn't have much in the way of daylight as it was at the bottom of the property, which isn't the same as ground level - more of a basement, but that is ok for short stays. The breakfast room though was right above us, so 8am onwards, you do tend to hear a game of musical chairs above you. That was just our room though, there are rooms which won't be affected by this and we were up and about anyway. There's enough room for about 5 cars to park in the driveway, but if you're not that mobile, be aware that Salcombe has some fairly steep hills and steps to climb - this property isn't at the top of the hill, but it is up the hill from the town. Very nice though and I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I cannot fault my stay.
Comfortable clean good sized room and ''having tried all the meals on
the menu'' fantastic breakfasts.
Pauline could not have been a better host, doing all she could to make
my stay truly memorable.
I will return to Waverley as soon as I can find an excuse to revisit Salcombe.

• Stayed September 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My room was right at the top on the second floor accessible by an outside staircase. To get to breakfast I had to come down the staircase and into the front door - a little odd. Judging by other reviews I was probably unlucky with my room. As another reviewer found, the UHT milk in a carton in the room was off - probably because it was left in the sun. Breakfast was fine. If on foot, the B&B is near the top of the hill, making it quite a climb from the town centre.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Pauline S, Owner at Waverley B&B, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I am saddened that the gentleman found short comings with my accommodation.
I have considered his points carefully with a view to implementing improvements where possible to do so. However taking each point raised in turn I am at a loss.
He was a single walker whom I accommodated in an en-suite double bedroom housing a king sized bed with circulation space to all three sides.
As a walker visiting Salcombe I am surprised to hear he had issues walking half way up a hill.
He mentioned he was unhappy with the UHT milk supplied so I provided fresh which he appeared to be happy with.
I cannot do anything to change the physical layout of my premises. My web site picture clearly shows the external staircase to the top flat which incidentally provides a kitchen and lounge for guest (his) use.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed as a single person in Waverly, after looking into few other B&Bs in Salcombe.

My room was very pleasant, clean, organized and comfortable from every aspect.

The lady running the B&B is very nice and helpful with every request and questions I had during my stay.

Free (and fast) internet, TV, amazing breakfast, all that you need to start a nice vacation.

Highly recommended, especially since as the value per costs is very high (in my opinion).

Room Tip: Salcombe is built on a steep hill, so for those sensitive to climbing - it's better you look for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

A pleasant and quiet location reasonably close to Salcombe centre, although be aware that the “5 minute walk” is all completely uphill, right to the door! I counted 77 steps in total, and where there aren’t steps there are some steep slopes. Not a problem if you’re fit and healthy of course, but you may want to bear it in mind if not. The landlady was pleasant and helpful, although seemed somewhat distracted when we arrived as though she wasn’t really expecting us.

The bedroom was clean, tidy and looked to have been recently decorated. The bathroom was quite small, but had a powerful, decent shower. The usual tea and coffee making facilities were in the room, but rather unusually we only had one pack of biscuits rather than the usual two, and even this was not replenished on the second day.

There was a good choice of food at breakfast with cereals, yoghurts, fruit (grapefruit, melon, etc.) and several cooked options besides the Full English such as Scrambled Eggs & Smoked Salmon, Mushrooms & Cheese or Eggs Benedict, although if I were being hyper critical I would have to say the hollandaise was a little disappointing, presumably out of a jar rather than freshly made.

All in all a decent establishment though, and I would quite happily stay here again.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Look no further, this is the B&B for you............................................................................
Fantastic location, fantastic room, clean, friendly, we really couldn't have asked for more.

We are looking forward to staying there again next time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salcombe
Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa
#3 of 4 in Hope Cove
Royal Castle Hotel
Royal Castle Hotel
#2 of 6 in Dartmouth

Been to Waverley B&B? Share your experiences!