“Amazing Hotel”

Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Salcombe
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for my husbands birthday. From the minute we arrived we were highly impressed. Rooms were amazing, bed linen especially! Since coming back I have been researching the bed linen!!!! ?Hungarian Goose?? Staff were amazing, very accommodating and polite. There clearly is work being done but we were warned about this and didn't spoil our stay. We are returning in February for my birthday and I can safely say this hotel is my new 'happy place' thank you Salcombe Harbour staff, amazing trip. Huge thank you to the man who made our cocktails, very passionate about his job and an absolute bonus to the team. Please pass on our thanks, tell him the Rum Sour couple!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
jasonparry55, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, I know the team will be motivated by your praise. I'm sure when you visit next Sam will have a couple of new cocktails for you to try. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Like a couple of others on here, my partner and I stayed for two nights to attend our friends wedding in Oct, and had an amazing time. The hotel is already looking beautiful, even though not finished in places. Our hotel room was lovely, great views although one of the higher floors would have been even better. Everything worked for us, although agree with others that the lighting system was rather complicated, but again totally forgiven with the free Sherry & Gin!

The staff were absolutely amazing all weekend, so friendly and accommodating. The food at the wedding breakfast was delicious, as was the breakfasts each morning.

Would definitely love to come back in the future when all is finished and the spa ready

Room Tip: Go for a view (costs extra but worth it) and ideally on the higher levels
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
jasonparry55, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that the wedding you attended was an enjoyable time for you and that the hotel was equally enjoyable. I thank you for your comments regarding the team, we are really are very proud of them. Finally I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Salcombe Harbour Hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is truly sublime, it has just undergone a complete refurb and it is now really excellent, the rooms are beautifully decorated with all your needs catered for, even down to the gin which is complementary. We experienced an estuary view room and it was worth the extra cost for that view. The food was extremely good and the staff all very welcoming and helpful throughout. We only spent two nights with them but would love to stay longer next time.

Room Tip: Choose an estuary view if poss, really worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back again, for more than 2 days next time hopefully.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We recently spent 6 nights at the Salcombe Harbour Hotel and found it relaxing and restful. The rooms are beautiful, our bed was bliss !! The extra touches were lovely and we felt truly spoiled.
The staff were superb and couldn't do enough for us.
Food in the restaurant was lovely.. we loved the little starters, you can have as little or much as you want. Staff very friendly and professional.
There were a few teething problems as you would expect from a hotel that isn't quite finished but we knew this was the case when we booked it. The lights in our bedroom were a real problem, but again I'm sure they will get them sorted out. I have deducted 1 one star because the spa wasn't open and the price didn't reflect this.
When the hotel is fully open it will be a dream.. we can't wait to go back there,especially when the Spa is open.

Room Tip: I personally would't want one of the back rooms, They are very small, but you get what you pay f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
jasonparry55, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on this site, we really appreciate the feedback. We very much hope to be able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future once the Spa is completed.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Spent two nights at Salcombe Harbour Hotel with our greyhound, and received top quality service from both hotel and restaurant staff. I see others had problems with the electronic light switches - I was beginning to see some patterns in its behaviour, but we left before I could reliably turn the lights off in the bathroom. Needs a manual! Still, the complimentary sherry (and gin) in the room helped no end. And the building works didn't intrude at all. Our room was spacious, and had a large terrace area, where we were able to feed the dog (he's a bit of a messy drinker).

Our dog cut his foot quite badly on the sands on the other side of the river, and the staff were as helpful as could be, one member (didn't get her name, unfortunately) helped by driving to Kingsbridge to guide us to the vet, and the dog received loads of sympathy when we got back later. As an aside, the vet was excellent value, too, the cost far lower than I would have anticipated from our local vet at home.

We ate in the restaurant at the hotel both nights, and found the food (and drink) high quality and good value for money. Yes, they have an eclectic taste in music, but I noticed that in marked contrast to other places, the music seemed to get quieter as the restaurant filled, so it wasn't a problem. Unless you're very easily irritated.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope your dog is now on the mend and that the staff were able to assist in getting you to Kingsbridge to visit the Vet. We are looking into the issue you have encountered with the lights. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Spent two nights with my wife Sept 2013 at this beautifully refurbished hotel which even though not completely finished would recommend. Can't wait to go back when fully open to have great service from all staff and excellent food. Lights in bedroom far too complicated as others have found. Must be 5 star when completed

Room Tip: Go for harbour view on top floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel here, we really appreciate the feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel and I can assure you we are looking into ways of dealing with the issues our guests are finding with the lighting system. We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner there and can see once the works are finished it will be great
Food was good although service inexperienced
The evening was spoilt and we went home very early because of the appalling music!What the hotel is trying to do no idea but Soho to Salcombe forget it , not be going back !

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank 1rick2
jasonparry55, General Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel here on this site and I apologise that your experience was not what was expected. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further and with this in mind, please do email me directly on jason.parry@harbourhotels.co.uk in order for me to address the points you raise personally.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salcombe
1 mi away
#1 of 1 in Thurlestone
Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa
12 mi away
Dart Marina Hotel and Spa

Been to Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!