“You need youyr health and strenth”
Review of dickandwills

dickandwills
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Salcombe
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterside brasserie serving seafood, shellfish and war country beef with a fusion twist!
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very expensive for what it offers. A long climb downstairs to the restaurant - and even longer it seemed after the meal ! Lovely terrace though when the weather is good, and if you dont mind being bombarded by seagulls !

Reviewed November 11, 2012

called in here during a recent trip to South Devon as I yearned some Salcombe ice-cream. To be fair it is now out of season in Salcombe and the town appears to close down, it was difficult to find anywhere to call in for coffee and a snack so we were delighted to find dickandwills open. The setting is lovely and as it was a beautiful winters day we sat out on the decking. Service was quick and efficient......but when I asked for ice-cream I was amazed to find it was CORNISH!! Why when you are right in the middle of Salcombe, home of ice-cream would you in-port from Cornwall, however nice it may be, and I should know as I live there!! and yes I made my purchase and had my "Cornish ice-cream", the average rating is due to not having local ice-cream not for the ice-cream its self.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We happened across this very special secret in beautiful Salcombe quite by accident the first time we visited. Having rejected the typical pub establishments, we found an A-board outside and thought we would take a look. With my husband not at all sure what we would find two flights of stairs down into the depths of the building, we were quite overwhelmed when we saw the delightful restaurant, bar and out onto the terrace with stunning view, surrounded by palms.

The food is excellent - do try the flat bread with pecorino and tomato and also the pork wrap....lip licking scrumptious. Laid back, stylish ambiance, it is our absolute favourite and we have also recommended it to friends.

Here's to our next visit to beautiful Salcombe and Dick & Wills. HIghly recommended.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Dick and Wills is an extremely good restaurant and one in which I keep returning too. Their food is always fresh, delicious and well presented. On my most recent visit, I had a super-seafood salad wrap with my own choice of tempura prawns and calamari; it did not disappoint, it was superb. To follow, I then had the chocolate and caramel pot; let me tell you, this dessert was wicked! It was definitely a dessert in which just makes you go 'wow!'

The Terrace at Dick and Wills overlooks the beautiful Salcombe Estuary, and is tastefully done with glass, lots of plants, umbrellas and palm trees; on a hot and sunny day you could easily be in Spain! When I have returned home before and shown my holiday pictures to my friends, they have said 'Where did you go abroad?!

Dick and Wills is definitely worth a visit in this special place that is Salcombe.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Disappointed to only have a limited choice from the menu, as it was low/off season, surely it would be better to just print a smaller menu.
Starter was delicious; the pulled pork salad, but my main course; beef fillet burger was terrible. I ordered it rare, it arrived better than well done; over cooked, dry and tasted very cheap. I sent it back to the kitchen and was given a replacement which was blue and cold in the middle. A second person in our group also had the burger but was too hungry to return his over-cooked meal so ate it. Neither of us felt too well the next day so suspect they knew they were serving less than perfect meat, hence the over cooking.
On the plus side the waitress was very kind and polite & it was not a problem returning my meal. Overall though I thought the prices were far too high for the quality being served. I won't rush to return.